ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English course required or not?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehmer

English course required or not?

Post by tehmer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi,

I need some expert opinion here if someone please can guide me.

I have to submit my naturalization application and I am confused do I need to do the English language test or not?

When I applied my HSMP back in 2008 I remember I got a certifiacte from UK NARIC stating my pakistan BS-CS degree tough in english and its equal to the standard of UK. So If I attached that certificate it it appropriate or not?

Thanks,

abkhaled
Newly Registered

Re: English course required or not?

Post by abkhaled » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 pm

tehmer wrote:
When I applied my HSMP back in 2008 I remember I got a certifiacte from UK NARIC stating my pakistan BS-CS degree tough in english and its equal to the standard of UK. So If I attached that certificate it it appropriate or not?
I did NARIC also in 2008. Check again and I am pretty sure that it should not be mentioned there about anything on 'taught in English'. If it is written there then you dont need to submit any other thing.

But if not, i wonder you might have old IELTS result (or eq.) that you can still use for naturalisation application.

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I am really confused now so many test's which one is best and quicker which can be done easily? any idea?

abkhaled
Newly Registered

Post by abkhaled » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

tehmer wrote:I am really confused now so many test's which one is best and quicker which can be done easily? any idea?
You can do NARIC Language assessment. Cost about £54 and will take 10 days.

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 am

but this assessment is "CEFR level C1" so it will be sufficient? for the application ?