ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport surrender

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Indian Passport surrender

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi all,

I need to surrender my son's Indian passport. Can someone please let me know if I need an appointment to go to Visa Application Center or its a walkin service?

VAC (Goswell Road, London) has submission time window 0830 to 1430 hrs. How long does it take to submit the application?

Many thanks,
Rajesh

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Indian Passport surrender

Post by samkma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 am

I dont think you need an appointment for surrendering your Indian Passport but you need one for visa submission.

When I surrendered my IP I used the postal way.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:34 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Hi all,

I need to surrender my son's Indian passport. Can someone please let me know if I need an appointment to go to Visa Application Center or its a walkin service?
VAC (Goswell Road, London) has submission time window 0830 to 1430 hrs. How long does it take to submit the application?
See this http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 90377.html
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

russ_software
Newly Registered

Post by russ_software » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:16 pm

I wanted someone to clarify the law regarding surrender certificate
According to the Section 8 of the Citizenship Act 1955, The provisions for making a declaration of renunciation under Indian citizenship law require that the person making the declaration be "of full age and capacity". Therefore shouldnt the fine and fees be only applicable since i became 18 years of age?

Any clarification?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 pm

russ_software wrote:I wanted someone to clarify the law regarding surrender certificate
According to the Section 8 of the Citizenship Act 1955, The provisions for making a declaration of renunciation under Indian citizenship law require that the person making the declaration be "of full age and capacity". Therefore shouldnt the fine and fees be only applicable since i became 18 years of age?

Any clarification?
Keep your questions in a single thread instead.