ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sophia20

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Zazam wrote:Hi Sophia have u contacted them regarding whether ur application is under process? Mine is Also still forwarded to Islamabad OC :/

And u can get married certificate translated in Pakistan, and u do not need to sign it again.
Hey yeah I emailed them after 12weeks, they replied back saying my apllictn is with bhc. Nothing about it being under process or anything i emailed them again a day ago (couldn't wait till next week, that's when 24weeks are up) lol
They haven't replied back lol
Yeh mine says same frwdd to isb oc! They're taking the biscuits!!!! Lol

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:41 pm

newbie1213 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:
SHAHFAISAL wrote:Salaam All,

My husband received a phone call today from the British High Comission. He was told that the marriage certificate we submitted was not valid, yet we had this checked before we sent off the application and were told it was sufficient. We need an english translated nikaah nama. Need some advice. Can anyone advise me how we go about getting english translated nikaah nama? Do we need to get this from where we were married or can we get this from any other city council? Do we need all the signatures of the witnesses on the urdu nikaah nama? I know that I will have to sign it, so my husband will have to send it to me from Pakistan and then I will have to send it back.

Is is likely if this was the only issue that visa will be granted? My husband was told to submit the paperwork at the visa application centre where original application was made. I am a little worried any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey you can get ur nika nama translated in Pakistan, any city. Take the original to a lawyer
( I think lawyers I'm not sure or maybe someone else? Correct me if I'm wrong)
They translate it into English for you.I don't think everyone has to sign it, we didn't do that,cause its just a translation right?

Probably if that's all they asked for then yeh you might get it, who knows...
Actually, I think Sophia is right. Whatever district or town your marriage ceremony took place in should be able to provide a translation. You should probably get your husband to contact them if he's over there. I just remembered that what's my wife's family did from Pakistan too and that's how we got out translation.

Ignore the interpreter idea and solicitor as I'm not sure if they're actually even allowed to translate it because they nikkah Nama doesn't originate from them
Solicitor/lawyer same thing in pak lol they all gonna want lots a money for a translation, don't get taken for a mug!
We got a translation from the UK, then found out they had to get it done in Pakistan not UK. It was done in another city, as long as its someone reputable.....

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:42 pm

U
sophia20 wrote:
Zazam wrote:Hi Sophia have u contacted them regarding whether ur application is under process? Mine is Also still forwarded to Islamabad OC :/

And u can get married certificate translated in Pakistan, and u do not need to sign it again.
Hey yeah I emailed them after 12weeks, they replied back saying my apllictn is with bhc. Nothing about it being under process or anything i emailed them again a day ago (couldn't wait till next week, that's when 24weeks are up) lol
Ur telling me I know someone who got his visa before 3 months, Iinshallah hope u hear sumfin soon, I got a kid so I wonder if that makes application a slight more stronger..,? Lol fingers crossed entitlement to family life and all that lol
... Rubbish

samera123

Post by samera123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Sis Sameena...any news on your case? did the mp contact bhc?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:30 pm

My wife and I, got our marriage certificate translated and computerised when we went to make her NADRA card.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm

samera123 wrote:Sis Sameena...any news on your case? did the mp contact bhc?
Yeah, im sure i posted it on the board, basically the BHC told my MP, that my additional documents are with them and are waiting to be checked over.

So im just left hanging, left to wait i suppose.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

My husband received a phone call today from the British High Comission. He was told that the marriage certificate we submitted was not valid, yet we had this checked before we sent off the application and were told it was sufficient. We need an english translated nikaah nama. Need some advice. Can anyone advise me how we go about getting english translated nikaah nama? Do we need to get this from where we were married or can we get this from any other city council? Do we need all the signatures of the witnesses on the urdu nikaah nama? I know that I will have to sign it, so my husband will have to send it to me from Pakistan and then I will have to send it back.

Is is likely if this was the only issue that visa will be granted? My husband was told to submit the paperwork at the visa application centre where original application was made. I am a little worried any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Walikum assalam, you have made me worried now. I have only submitted urdu nikaah nama with marriage certificate.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm

tallojani wrote:

Walikum assalam, you have made me worried now. I have only submitted urdu nikaah nama with marriage certificate.
This might help you both. It's taken of the UK Border Agency website-

"If you are submitting a marriage certificate as part of your supporting documents in any visa category, the following guidance explains how we can be satisfied that your marriage is recognised in UK Law:
Nikah Namas. A Nikah Namah is valid only if it has been registered and endorsed by the appropriate union council. If you submit a non-registered or non-endorsed document, your visa application may be refused. "
"If you send us a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by us. Each translated document must contain:

-confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
-the date of the translation;
-the translator's full name and signature; and
-the translator's contact details.

If you do not submit translations of all supporting documents, this may result in your application being delayed or refused."
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

prayforus wrote:My wife and I, got our marriage certificate translated and computerised when we went to make her NADRA card.
When you say marriage certificate translated and computrised in NADRA..do yu mean nikaah nama translated and computrised? Curious because i took our nikaah nama and got a marraige certificate from nadra with title marraige certificate which is half english half urdu and thats what i submitted to bhc along with the nikaah nama.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm

tallojani wrote:
prayforus wrote:My wife and I, got our marriage certificate translated and computerised when we went to make her NADRA card.
When you say marriage certificate translated and computrised in NADRA..do yu mean nikaah nama translated and computrised? Curious because i took our nikaah nama and got a marraige certificate from nadra with title marraige certificate which is half english half urdu and thats what i submitted to bhc along with the nikaah nama.
Tallojani the Nadra one is the Marriage registration certificate that's in English. I personally had my hubby submit that along with my nikkah naama and an English translation of the nikkah naama. I didn't wanna take any chances. The registry certificate is a legal marriage as far as I know so In Shaa Allah that won't be a problem for you.
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
tallojani wrote:

This might help you both. It's taken of the UK Border Agency website-

"If you are submitting a marriage certificate as part of your supporting documents in any visa category, the following guidance explains how we can be satisfied that your marriage is recognised in UK Law:
Nikah Namas. A Nikah Namah is valid only if it has been registered and endorsed by the appropriate union council. If you submit a non-registered or non-endorsed document, your visa application may be refused. "
"If you send us a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by us. Each translated document must contain:

-confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
-the date of the translation;
-the translator's full name and signature; and
-the translator's contact details.

If you do not submit translations of all supporting documents, this may result in your application being delayed or refused."

Register and endorsed by appropriate union council, so a marriage certificate registered, issused and endorsed by union council should suffice?

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Zazam wrote:U
sophia20 wrote:

Ur telling me I know someone who got his visa before 3 months, Iinshallah hope u hear sumfin soon, I got a kid so I wonder if that makes application a slight more stronger..,? Lol fingers crossed entitlement to family life and all that lol

Thanks hope I do hear something sooner, its been tooooo long!
I can now use pm so I've replied to ur message fingers crossed lol inshallah!

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
Tallojani the Nadra one is the Marriage registration certificate that's in English. I personally had my hubby submit that along with my nikkah naama and an English translation of the nikkah naama. I didn't wanna take any chances. The registry certificate is a legal marriage as far as I know so In Shaa Allah that won't be a problem for you.
Thank you x
I did my best with the visa application and all the supporting documents, i guess no point in worrying now its all done. I pray to Allah swt for a positive outcome.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 pm

I think this is what we gave
Copy of Urdu nikka nama
Computerised copy of nikka namma and
English translation of nikka nama.

When you got married you have 3 Urdu copies of nikka nama
1 guy keeps
2 girl keeps
3 has to be given in to union council where you live in Pakistan. Then your marriage has been registered.

Then( can't remember exactly, I think you get certificate from union council and take that to nadra office) then you get a copy printed of computer from some nadra office. That's the computerised copy you give in as well.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 am

Wife applied on 20th Jan, second application. She got a phone call on 21st saying we need to give fresh passport sized photos. We're going to Islamabad tomorrow to hand them in.

Seems like they're moving at a much faster pace now... Do the documents still go to Dubai? Are second applications processed faster? I'm surprised they're already looking at my papers.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:02 am

akhan47 wrote:Wife applied on 20th Jan, second application. She got a phone call on 21st saying we need to give fresh passport sized photos. We're going to Islamabad tomorrow to hand them in.

Seems like they're moving at a much faster pace now... Do the documents still go to Dubai? Are second applications processed faster? I'm surprised they're already looking at my papers.
May ask you why your previous applications was unsuccessful?
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:04 am

zeeh wrote:
akhan47 wrote:Wife applied on 20th Jan, second application. She got a phone call on 21st saying we need to give fresh passport sized photos. We're going to Islamabad tomorrow to hand them in.

May ask you why your previous applications was unsuccessful?
My wife did not meet the English language requirement.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Syed Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Syed Shah » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 am

I got this reply today. Does anyone know how long they take because they have given it a reference number which probably means they are working on it right?

Dear  Mrs. XXXXX

Ref: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail of 14 January 2014, regarding your visa application. I can confirm that we have received your application and it is currently under process, in accordance with our service standards. You will be contacted through Gerry’s visa application centre once your case is concluded and your documents are ready for collection.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

sophie786
Newly Registered

Post by sophie786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 am

akhan47

was it gerrys who rang ur wife

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 am

sophie786 wrote:akhan47

was it gerrys who rang ur wife
I think so because we have to submit the photos to the Gerry office where the application was submitted.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

sophie786
Newly Registered

Post by sophie786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 am

akhan47

maybe gerrys noticed that your wife didn't submit fresh photos and asked for them. it is quite unusual for them to call the second day but nevertheless I wish u and ur wife success inshallah. keep us posted

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 am

sophie786 wrote:akhan47

maybe gerrys noticed that your wife didn't submit fresh photos and asked for them. it is quite unusual for them to call the second day but nevertheless I wish u and ur wife success inshallah. keep us posted
We did submit some but they were same ones as the ones on tb test certificate which was a month old, they said they want fresh ones. Also status of application had changed to Despatched to BHC.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 am

To whom it may concern/who actually gives a shit
VISA Application Ref: ******************
Applicants Name: *******
Applicants D.O.B: **/**/****

Visa application for my wife was submitted on the 22/05/2013 and its doesn’t take a genius to figure out that today it’s been 8 months, so BHC had 8 months to do whatever checks that they had to, to either grant or reject my wife’s visa and yet here I’m still waiting.

On the 22/11/2013 (EXACTLY WHEN 6 MONTHS WERE UP) you guys sent a letter requesting additional documents and wanted original copies and gave me (Abdullah Anwar HER HUSBAND) 5 days to submit them, so I was to get the documents ready and get them to Pakistan in time. Just so you know I do not own a flying horse nor am I filthy rich to just leave my SELF EMPLOYED job to come because if you already didn’t know, we the self-employed don’t get sick leaves nor do we get holidays so when we stop working we stop earning! None the less I booked a ticket, landed on the 27/11/2013 and went straight to the Gerry’s office and submitted those documents AS REQUESTED.

Now your Useless people at Gerry’s office said that we will hear a response within a month but as you can imagine, by useless service provided to me so far I wasn’t going to hold my break and I was right and it’s been two months and nothing. Either you guys don’t respond to email or when you decide to get your head out of your asses you send a stupid response saying “CHECKS ARE IN PROGRESS” well will you kindly tell me what checks? You haven’t contacted ME, MY Landlord or the HMRC so what magical checks are you people doing there? How can the once highly praised people of BHC grant VISA to people who have submitted applications month or even 4 after me yet many countless people who submitted them before or with me are still waiting?!?!?!

Why was I made to wait 6 months before I got a letter asking for additional documents when you had what I provided from DAY ONE? Cleary you guys are STUPID but surely not blind enough to see what’s right in front of your eyes and could’ve asked for it weeks if not month before the 6 months waiting period was up.
Why was I given 5 days to submit original documents when you people are accepting copies from other people? Yes people talk on forums! A COPY of this letter will be send to my MP and all the new channel so they can see how BHC is treating people!

Feel free to send something similar as I've had enough.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

ADUANWAR wrote:To whom it may concern/who actually gives a shit

Visa application for my wife was submitted on the 22/05/2013 and its doesn’t take a genius to figure out that today it’s been 8 months, so BHC had 8 months to do whatever checks that they had to, to either grant or reject my wife’s visa and yet here I’m still waiting.

On the 22/11/2013 (EXACTLY WHEN 6 MONTHS WERE UP) you guys sent a letter requesting additional documents and wanted original copies and gave me (Abdullah Anwar HER HUSBAND) 5 days to submit them, so I was to get the documents ready and get them to Pakistan in time. Just so you know I do not own a flying horse nor am I filthy rich to just leave my SELF EMPLOYED job to come because if you already didn’t know, we the self-employed don’t get sick leaves nor do we get holidays so when we stop working we stop earning! None the less I booked a ticket, landed on the 27/11/2013 and went straight to the Gerry’s office and submitted those documents AS REQUESTED.

Now your Useless people at Gerry’s office said that we will hear a response within a month but as you can imagine, by useless service provided to me so far I wasn’t going to hold my break and I was right and it’s been two months and nothing. Either you guys don’t respond to email or when you decide to get your head out of your asses you send a stupid response saying “CHECKS ARE IN PROGRESS” well will you kindly tell me what checks? You haven’t contacted ME, MY Landlord or the HMRC so what magical checks are you people doing there? How can the once highly praised people of BHC grant VISA to people who have submitted applications month or even 4 after me yet many countless people who submitted them before or with me are still waiting?!?!?!

Why was I made to wait 6 months before I got a letter asking for additional documents when you had what I provided from DAY ONE? Cleary you guys are STUPID but surely not blind enough to see what’s right in front of your eyes and could’ve asked for it weeks if not month before the 6 months waiting period was up.
Why was I given 5 days to submit original documents when you people are accepting copies from other people? Yes people talk on forums! A COPY of this letter will be send to my MP and all the new channel so they can see how BHC is treating people!

Wow.... Hats off

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 am

ADUANWAR wrote:To whom it may concern/who actually gives a shit

On the 22/11/2013 (EXACTLY WHEN 6 MONTHS WERE UP) you guys sent a letter requesting additional documents and wanted original copies and gave me (Abdullah Anwar HER HUSBAND) 5 days to submit them, so I was to get the documents ready and get them to Pakistan in time. Just so you know I do not own a flying horse nor am I filthy rich to just leave my SELF EMPLOYEDjob to come because if you already didn’t know, we the self-employed don’t get sick leaves nor do we get holidays so when we stop working we stop earning! None the less I booked a ticket, landed on the 27/11/2013 and went straight to the Gerry’s office and submitted those documents AS REQUESTED.

Lol good1! Can't believe they gave you 5 days to submit original documents!Wonka's!