ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time before applying to Switching to Tier 2 from T1 PSW

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sailesh123
Newly Registered

Time before applying to Switching to Tier 2 from T1 PSW

Post by sailesh123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi,

Currently I'm in Tier 1 (PSW) and expires on 27 July 2014. I Have COS and would like to apply, but not sure when should i apply because I dont know what will happen if the TIER 2 visa come in 2 month time. Does my tier 2 visa start from the day it has issued or the date when my tier 1 is set to expired.

Sai21
Newly Registered

Re: Time before applying to Switching to Tier 2 from T1 PSW

Post by Sai21 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:44 am

Hi

Your tier-2 visa will start from the day it was issued. Not the date your current visa expires.

You can apply the tier-2 visa before it expires. Drop it before 10-15days before it expires.

It wont take much time to get the visa approval as per my personal experience.

I got it in 25-28 days (17 working days) from the day i dropped mine in the Christmas period.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Time before applying to Switching to Tier 2 from T1 PSW

Post by iworker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 am

If you have already been issued a COS, u have 3 months from the date of issue of the COS to apply for visa. If u dont, the COS will expire.
If you already have a COS, u can not wait till the closer time of ur current visa expiry date as that will expire ur COS.