ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor Visa for UK for Peruvian

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukvisafromperu
Newly Registered

General Visitor Visa for UK for Peruvian

Post by ukvisafromperu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Guys,

My Fiancée will be coming to the UK is March/April this year and so I am looking into what will be required for a UK General Visitor Visa. I have already tried to find all the information I can about what is required but still finding specifics very hard to come by and I was hoping you guys could help.

My Fiancée is a student and Peruvian and will be returning to her course after 2 weeks in the UK. From previous information it seems that Fiancée isn't really relevant to the UKBA and therefore should I even mention this as it seems that the change only happens once you are married in regards to the legitimacy of the relationship?

Her father will be paying for her flight (although I might be buying it as I will be flying out there to collect her from Lima as it will be her first time flying abroad and I need to make sure we are on the same flight to the UK.) and covering her expenses with me covering any additional requirements in the UK. My question is How much financial information should her father and myself provide? Do I need 6 months of payslips and bank statements, for him as well or would just payslips for 3 months be enough? Does the father have to have the money for the trip available in his account at this moment and therefore shown on the statements or just proof he earns enough to have that money available?

My fiancée will be staying with myself and family members and therefore her costs will be low within the UK, how much should we make sure we show and suggest she has available to cover any costs she may have? How do I provide the financial information? Do I just attach it to the on-line application as scanned pdfs or will they need originals in person when my fiancée goes to the interview at the Embassy in Lima? Especially for my financial details as it will be very difficult to get my original documents to her in Peru especially with the concern of them being lost in the post on the way.

In regards to flights should we buy them before we have the visa or after as I understand that having a return flight demonstrates an intention to return to your home country which would hopefully help the application? Also if I buy the flight to ensure we are on the same flight back will that matter with financial disclosure if the father will be sending me the money for the flight so he will be paying in the end?

For proof of reason to return to Peru we will be getting a letter from her university stating that she is enrolled with them. Is there any other information they should provide on the letter? Date of start? Date when she will be graduating etc.?

As she will be staying with myself or my family I presume I need to write a invitation letter stating that I will be providing her accommodation?

We don't have a firm itinerary yet, is this important? even if I just say 3 days at my house, 3 days with grandma, 3 days with cousins etc. for example will that be ok?

For the online application are scanned copies of the documentation acceptable? Will my Fiancée need originals of everything when she goes to the embassy in Lima?

We are looking into go to Paris for a weekend in the middle, how does that play with the visa? We don't know the precise dates for this yet, would this cause an issue later down the line when returning to the UK from Paris? Or is it unlimited entry?

Any other general advice appreciated.

Many thanks for your assistance

J

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: General Visitor Visa for UK for Peruvian

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Possibly the longest first post I've ever seen :-)
therefore should I even mention this as it seems that the change only happens once you are married in regards to the legitimacy of the relationship?
Always mention it. If she's coming to visit her boyfriend/fiancee - tell them that. You don't want it to bite you in the backside later ('but on THIS visitor visa you're applying to visit your boyfriend you've been with for x years, yet y years ago you went to the UK and didn't see him - why is that'?)
Do I need 6 months of payslips and bank statements, for him as well or would just payslips for 3 months be enough?
Ideally 6 - 3 months would do in a pinch. Given what you're saying about how you'll both be contributing - it needs to be from both of you. The moment you're contributing financially to the visit - you should show your financial position.
Does the father have to have the money for the trip available in his account at this moment and therefore shown on the statements or just proof he earns enough to have that money available?
It is better to have the money available. It's harder for an ECO to understand how much is really 'left' each month to fund stuff like this.
how much should we make sure we show and suggest she has available to cover any costs she may have?
There's no fixed amount - but if you allow for a person eating etc. it adds up. I would suggest you use the minimum benefits calculation of about £120 a week.
In regards to flights should we buy them before we have the visa or after as I understand that having a return flight demonstrates an intention to return to your home country which would hopefully help the application? Also if I buy the flight to ensure we are on the same flight back will that matter with financial disclosure if the father will be sending me the money for the flight so he will be paying in the end?
Don't buy before you have the visa. In fact - UKBA are very explicit about that. I know that some travel agencies in Peru will book, print out, and cancel for you free.

On the second point - no it doesn't matter because you'll book them after the fact right?
For proof of reason to return to Peru we will be getting a letter from her university stating that she is enrolled with them. Is there any other information they should provide on the letter? Date of start? Date when she will be graduating etc.?
As much information as possible. Perhaps ongoing grades?
As she will be staying with myself or my family I presume I need to write a invitation letter stating that I will be providing her accommodation?
yes - and proof you have the right to invite her (mortgage statement or landlord letter allowing visitors).
We don't have a firm itinerary yet, is this important? even if I just say 3 days at my house, 3 days with grandma, 3 days with cousins etc. for example will that be ok?
I'd, personally, not go into that much detail. She plans to visit myself and we will spend some time with my family based in x, y and z. We also intend to visit Paris for a period of a days.
or the online application are scanned copies of the documentation acceptable? Will my Fiancée need originals of everything when she goes to the embassy in Lima?
Originals - always originals (except your passport). Don't worry about it getting lost - I've sent documents about 10 times to Peru and only had one set go 'missing' and they turned up 2 weeks later anyway.
We are looking into go to Paris for a weekend in the middle, how does that play with the visa? We don't know the precise dates for this yet, would this cause an issue later down the line when returning to the UK from Paris? Or is it unlimited entry?
Most visitor visas are multiple entry - so you'll be fine. And I was going to write something about needing a Schengen visa but then I remembered Peru recently joined the 'don't need a visa for Europe' club.
Any other general advice appreciated.
Whatever her, her father, or you assert in the visa form - include proof. Include something with her address on, include something about her studies, include something about her family in Peru, include things about your situation etc. Include something about your relationship (a letter - how did you meet, how long have you been together etc).

Oh - and given the fact it's the first time she's travelled abroad you should probably plan to go via Madrid (speaking as having done every route possible!), going via the US (with associated border and TSA fun) would be a bit much for a first time traveller. The Paris route involves a change of terminal etc. If you can stay on Lan/BA/Iberia and stay at T4 in Madrid it's a much more pleasant journey and T5 immigration isn't generally too bad.

M.

ukvisafromperu
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisafromperu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi M,

Thank you very much for the information and I will reply fuller in a bit. Just wanted to confirm, you state that Peru is now Visa free for Europe excluding the UK. I have found an article detailing this is the plan, do you know when it comes into force as the French diplomatic service don't have it as on the no visa required list. http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france ... g-ordinary

Germany is the same, only a mention of Peruvian diplomatic passports. http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... _Visa.html

Here is the article I saw http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/n ... s-say-MEPs

Many Thanks

J

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:30 pm

I apologise - I had thought I'd read agreement had been reached which isn't quite true.

El Commercio appears to indicate we're looking at the second half of this year: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ia-1676286