ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language - Dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamal_ece

English Language - Dependent

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am

Hi,

For some reasons, this is still not clear to me if a dependent needs to write any exams other than the knowledge of life in UK. My wife is due to apply for her naturalization application process in couple of months.

Regards,
Kamal

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: English Language - Dependent

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 am

There is no such thing as dependant for naturalisation application. Each applicant applies individually and needs to meet the requirements including the English langauge one.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:25 am

Yes, I completely understand the fact that every application is an individual application.

But I belive if an applicant has applied for thier ILR or Visas where the English Language requirement is already met which is by the education in the degree is taught in English. But when dependent applies with main application for ILR and visas we don't mention all the above information for a dependent.

So when we apply for naturalization does she has to write any other english exams or do we need to prove that she has a degree in college which is taught in english and get exemption from writing one more exam.

Regards,
Kamal

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 am

kamal_ece wrote:So when we apply for naturalization does she has to write any other english exams or do we need to prove that she has a degree in college which is taught in english and get exemption from writing one more exam.
If she didn't have to meet the English requirement for settlement, she will need to meet it for naturalisation. This can be done either by passing an exam or proving her degree was taught in English (using PBS calculator and the degree certificate or NARIC certificate).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,
Kamal