ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indie007
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Indie007 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 am

ada4msd wrote:For everyone that has been granted, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL.
@ Indie007, congratulations.
@ Verbina, hahahhahahaha, what a majestic way to start the New Year, wonderful, congratulations girl, you nailed it.
Today is ...I dont know what to say. My Zambrano application has just beeen refused, now thinking of making a flr o application based on parent of a british child, father went cukoo long time ago, he is not interested in either baby or I but doesn't know where and what to do, please folks i need advice and help. Come to my rescue, i plead. I was given an appeal right, but from what i have read so far, it takes ages and no positive outcome. Cant find my legs :!: :cry: What a day!!!
After a messy breakup with my ex , i made an flro application as a parent in Dec and was granted in January.i have a 7 month old baby and i included the following :

-Letters addressed to me from the day centre where i took my son(eg letters sent to me when i joined massaged classes and other classes),my nhs bill and other letters addressed to me (my nhs bill was now below £1000 )

-immunisations letters and other correspondance from the healthvisitors and surgery
-photos of me and my son at church ,and other places we love to visit and also with friends and family
-All my education certificates for my degree and other courses i paid for and did whilst waiting to regularise my stay
-proof of accomodation
- proof that i had an arrangement in place for paying the nhs for maternity fees that i was charged
-letter from ex confirming that he was paying maintenance ,i have an orange prepaid debit card where he transfers the mone ,so i included the statement from orange
-support letters from my church ,and close friends who all know how i was struggling as a single parent
-i also included all the information about the applications i made before and my personal statement which included the relevent legislation or rules.i went on the flro guidelines on the home office page to ensure i included everything they required and that my application met their criteria and most importantly i was honest about my whole situation and i proved that i was not going to depend on the state as i had maintenance and acomodation in place and also that i am the primary carer of my son despite my nasty ex having parental responsibility(wish i could take it away ,lol).In your case , if you have COA and are working , even better , because you can prove that you are self suffient and also prove the relationship with your child.Good luck. i hope this information helps .

Thanks guys for the support and information.Another blog i found really valuable is the free movement blog ,i go there religiously as they always have up to date information on whats happening.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks so much Verbs. Now I feel much better and proactive to take the next step.
My solicitor is saying the longer the better so to wait but the wait is killing me and no harm in ringing the tribunal to see what they say. I will let you know how it goes. God bless you so much. Big hug x
Believe!!!!! Where have you been???? Welcome back :) I hope everything going ok? God bless you. Got 8 weeks to go now, not long now and can't wait. Lol.
Just still waiting for my appeal date and going to ring the tribunal to see if I can get anything early as been waiting for about 4 months now with no date so far.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 am

Indie007 wrote:
@ Verbina, hahahhahahaha, what a majestic way to start the New Year, wonderful, congratulations girl, you nailed it.
Today is ...I dont know what to say. My Zambrano application has just beeen refused, now thinking of making a flr o application based on parent of a british child, father went cukoo long time ago, he is not interested in either baby or I but doesn't know where and what to do, please folks i need advice and help. Come to my rescue, i plead. I was given an appeal right, but from what i have read so far, it takes ages and no positive outcome. Cant find my legs :!: :cry: What a day!!!
I

I agree with indies suggestions. Apply as the carer once you include evidence as sole carer. My application was refused b cos I'm still on a relationship with my child's father. Also, it seems they are dealing with applications very quickly these days.

All the best.

After a messy breakup with my ex , i made an flro application as a parent in Dec and was granted in January.i have a 7 month old baby and i included the following :

-Letters addressed to me from the day centre where i took my son(eg letters sent to me when i joined massaged classes and other classes),my nhs bill and other letters addressed to me (my nhs bill was now below £1000 )

-immunisations letters and other correspondance from the healthvisitors and surgery
-photos of me and my son at church ,and other places we love to visit and also with friends and family
-All my education certificates for my degree and other courses i paid for and did whilst waiting to regularise my stay
-proof of accomodation
- proof that i had an arrangement in place for paying the nhs for maternity fees that i was charged
-letter from ex confirming that he was paying maintenance ,i have an orange prepaid debit card where he transfers the mone ,so i included the statement from orange
-support letters from my church ,and close friends who all know how i was struggling as a single parent
-i also included all the information about the applications i made before and my personal statement which included the relevent legislation or rules.i went on the flro guidelines on the home office page to ensure i included everything they required and that my application met their criteria and most importantly i was honest about my whole situation and i proved that i was not going to depend on the state as i had maintenance and acomodation in place and also that i am the primary carer of my son despite my nasty ex having parental responsibility(wish i could take it away ,lol).In your case , if you have COA and are working , even better , because you can prove that you are self suffient and also prove the relationship with your child.Good luck. i hope this information helps .

Thanks guys for the support and information.Another blog i found really valuable is the free movement blog ,i go there religiously as they always have up to date information on whats happening.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:32 am

Indie007 wrote:

-proof of accomodation

@ada4msd Thank you very much for congratulating me darling!!!

Im terribly sorry to hear your Zambrano was refused, but there were a few ladies on here who had been in exactly same position, then they went and applied FLR(O) as a parent of a British child and had been granted!!!( I cant remember for sure, but I think Time503 and another lady GH1001 or something)

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for your application to be processed either as they are pretty quick with new applications nowdays!!!

@Indie007 gave a brilliant and very detailed guidance here (high five @Indie007 babe), so Im sure if you go for FLR(O) you ll soon be granted!!

Keep your chin up babe!!!

@God'sAuthority OMG only 8 weeks to go awwwwwwwhhhh!!! Cant believe it!!! Time flies!!!
Keeping my everything crossed for you honey!!!!

@Believe Hello stranger ! Yep Im still here holding the front (while our wise MPs are chilling in woodwork tut tut) :roll:

@k_alibaba No hun, it seems like that at the moment as if its mostly new applications, but in fact there was a lot of extensions here as well and the most recent extension applications have been completed in some seriously record times. So dont worry yourself, you wont have to wait for too long!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:14 pm

@Verb Thanks and Congrats for the DLR. Do they allow you public funds ?
Although we had been Allowed but didn't Claimed.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

k_alibaba wrote:@Verb Thanks and Congrats for the DLR. Do they allow you public funds ?
Although we had been Allowed but didn't Claimed.

Thanks hun! Nope they no longer allow public funds, as of 2012. But you and your family will still have recourse to public funds since you were granted under the old rules

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi everybody!! Hope I find you all well!! @Believe, welcome back. Hope all's ok with you. Just a quick post. I've just come across an interesting judgement which relates to the 7 year concession and brings hope to those of us in that particular predicament. Link is below....

https://tribunals-servicegovuk-producti ... ___ors.pdf

Have a great day!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks @nile for that case law.

It will be usefull for me as I applied in Feb 2012 prior to the rule changes....
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:47 pm

my husband got his indefinite leave to remain as the judge allowed our appeal me and my children will get DLR.Im just wandering if it is true one of my friend told me that my children could apply their indefinite once we have the visa .

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:05 pm

nazreen12 wrote:my husband got his indefinite leave to remain as the judge allowed our appeal me and my children will get DLR.Im just wandering if it is true one of my friend told me that my children could apply their indefinite once we have the visa .
Hi Nazreen12,
I dont know how true that is. Well a solicitor once said that under the post july 2012 article 8 route to settlement, it is 10 years (2.5 years x4). To the best of my knowledge, your husband's ILR is a guarantee that you will all finally settle here. but beware of hear say, so you dont waste money applying for ILR when its not yet time. Just suggesting.

You can seek another professional advice or opinion on that.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Global_Citizen wrote:
nazreen12 wrote:my husband got his indefinite leave to remain as the judge allowed our appeal me and my children will get DLR.Im just wandering if it is true one of my friend told me that my children could apply their indefinite once we have the visa .
Hi Nazreen12,
I dont know how true that is. Well a solicitor once said that under the post july 2012 article 8 route to settlement, it is 10 years (2.5 years x4). To the best of my knowledge, your husband's ILR is a guarantee that you will all finally settle here. but beware of hear say, so you dont waste money applying for ILR when its not yet time. Just suggesting.

You can seek another professional advice or opinion on that.

Yes,Nazreen12,your children should be given indefinite leave,but not you,if the HO only grant them 2 and half years,send it back to them,this has been declare unlawful by the court,
This is how it works,if children are applying for discretionary leave on basis of their parents,if one of them is a British or ILR,the children should be given ILR

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!! Hope I find you all well!! @Believe, welcome back. Hope all's ok with you. Just a quick post. I've just come across an interesting judgement which relates to the 7 year concession and brings hope to those of us in that particular predicament. Link is below....

Have a great day!
nilemarques - thanks for the links. The case highlights the difficulties face by many people when HO refused to follow their own policies. The judge point out that without any countervailing factors parent with child born or brought to uk who has lived seven years should be allow to regularise their status. Very important judgement. The ironic of it is that such favourable judgement are not published.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:38 pm

nazreen12- congratulations on your hubby ILR. Very soon the whole family will be granted ILR
Your expectation will manifest very soon

east579new

Post by east579new » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum!!!!!!!!!! @elastep that's the good news. its a hope for 7 year application. Home office introduce new form for family and private life flr(fp). Home office just try to refuse as much as application they can on this category basis. Home office doesn't care, just standard refusal for overstayers. Someone told me home office have a secrate policy to case workers if anyone come this family and private life category refused them as much as you can, lets see in the court if they able to come there.
Hi Shondra i agree with you in your point about them refuseing alot of applications for the sake of it, alot of the times they even ignore the law and there own guidence.

For insatance when applying as a couple they are sometimes refuseing and not even taking into consideration the best intrests of the child which is always to be with both parents a good soliciter will argue this after all a parental relationship cannot be maintained on skype.

When legal aid stopped they knew some people would just run out of finances to fight back and then are denied access to the justice system.

I noticed since they started all this some people who applied as a couple with a child and then was refused all of a sudden split up with there partner then not so long after put in a fresh application and was granted.

I find this disgustingl i would never ever give up my family for a peice of paper if you are a family you should stay together.

I always find it how can i put it A LITTLE FISHY when a couple are refused and then the next thing they are seperated and an application as sole carer has been submitted.
Last edited by east579new on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

khwaja73
Newly Registered

Post by khwaja73 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 pm

help
hello everyone I wish you all the best :)
well Iam from Afghanistan I came to UK on September 2008 I claimed asylum on that time and iwas 16 years old so the home office refused my case and they gave me a visa until I became a 18 years old after that I applied for a visa that I said I have problem on Afghanistan so any way I got refuse from court and everywhere so now I live with my brother in London my solicitor aplay for me human right FLRO private life in uk what you guys think about this can home office give a visa to stay in uk or what le me know any one have information

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:23 am

@Indie007, I can't thankyou wll enough for your quick, deep and unreserved response. I am grateful. I will try and get similar letters. My fear is that my nhs bill is above £1000, but I am paying monthly, but there is no letter fron nhs stating any agreed plan of payment. But it shows in my statement of account. I do have COA and am working, I will see what i can get. Thanks again for your immense help. Will keep you updated.
@This Year, I will be appealing first and then make the flr o application. That is the one i can afford.
@ Verbina, thumbs up for Indie007 for the response.

Goodmorning all. have a great day. Please less thinking.
GOD IS ABLE

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:17 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi everybody!! Hope I find you all well!! @Believe, welcome back. Hope all's ok with you. Just a quick post. I've just come across an interesting judgement which relates to the 7 year concession and brings hope to those of us in that particular predicament. Link is below....

Have a great day![/quote]

nilemarques - thanks for the links. The case highlights the difficulties face by many people when HO refused to follow their own policies. The judge point out that without any countervailing factors parent with child born or brought to uk who has lived seven years should be allow to regularise their status. Very important judgement. The ironic of it is that such favourable judgement are not published.[/quote]

@This year,no problem. You're welcome.
@ Kukuwife. Personally i feel that the HO are corrupt and will try by any means to discredit people and make them suffer. What do they think we are feeding our children. I hate to see my children suffering the way they are now because someone has been instructed by Theresa May to make our lives as miserable as possible. I thank God that a judgement like this has come out. Hopefully it will send a message out to her.
Have a blessed day everyone.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.

Oh my God!!!! Im so so so happy for you!!!! Awwwwh well done! Now you can plan your next move with your solicitor! Seriously happy for you and your family!!!!!!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

@ nilemarques...thanks for the information. we need such cases for court.
nilemarques wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!! Hope I find you all well!! @Believe, welcome back. Hope all's ok with you. Just a quick post. I've just come across an interesting judgement which relates to the 7 year concession and brings hope to those of us in that particular predicament. Link is below....

Have a great day!
nilemarques - thanks for the links. The case highlights the difficulties face by many people when HO refused to follow their own policies. The judge point out that without any countervailing factors parent with child born or brought to uk who has lived seven years should be allow to regularise their status. Very important judgement. The ironic of it is that such favourable judgement are not published.
@This year,no problem. You're welcome.
@ Kukuwife. Personally i feel that the HO are corrupt and will try by any means to discredit people and make them suffer. What do they think we are feeding our children. I hate to see my children suffering the way they are now because someone has been instructed by Theresa May to make our lives as miserable as possible. I thank God that a judgement like this has come out. Hopefully it will send a message out to her.
Have a blessed day everyone.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.[/quote]

Oh Shondra, I am speechless. I am so so happy for you. I am dancing with joy. This is amazing. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Congratulations my dear. @ ChrystalNewbie,you're most welcome.

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.
@Shondra Sharma.
OMG!!! That was very fast. I'm very happy for you Shonda. I just saw your post and said "Thank you Father!" The good Lord has done it and long may it continue! Dancing Ada Ada song :P
Now you and your partner have to get a good solicitor to represent you and don't worry you are both in a better position now and come rain or storm you both will be granted as they can't expect you to leave the country.

@all, I hope all is well.
No evil will cross our path as we're all under the umbrella of God. Stay blessed
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Wow. Congrats.
That's one small step for Shondra Sharma, a giant leap towards your perpetual freedom...
:D

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Awww!!! Massive congrats Shondra. Am so happy for you. This is surely a welcome development for you and your family. The beginning of greater things. You can now relax and focus on the next step which is sorting yourself out.
Thanks to God.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Good evening All!

Congrats Shondra your freedom is near. Very happy for you and your family,

All good my end, thanks to everyone for asking! I have relegated myself to being a back bencher whilst i brush up on the law a bit. Have a splendid weekend, eagerly anticipating to read all your good news in between swotting!!! Kukuwife profuse apologies for failing to remember you in my last post am truly ashamed, i hope you are well sir!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"