ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prayforus
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by prayforus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am

Isn't their an omsburdman for Visa's? Surely, we need to create a petition and sign it. Reason being, if that's the case, and everyone is saying more or less then the same thing, then there needs to be an investigation as to why they're taking the absolute monkeys dealing with applications.

Not to play the race card but applications in Pakistan are seeming to take the longest to approve.

I think it's time we contact Theresa May.

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

Hi, I received the following email today after contacting the visa enquiries team for the first time last week - I've been waiting for almost 27 weeks now for my wife's visa application and still haven't heard anything at all.

"Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about the progress of your wife’s application. I can confirm that this case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe at present.
You can also check progress of the application via Gerry’s website (http://www.ukvacpk.com/) and click on ‘Track Your Application’ on the left-hand side of the page.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

TA
Correspondence Team
International Operations and Visas"

Standard response that they've sent a lot of you guys but I was surprised they only took around 7 working days to respond. Not sure how long to wait before I try again as I'm sure I'll get something similiar back or nothing at all as some of you have found :(

Application: LHE 19/07/2013
RFC: Waiting forever....

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:To whom it may concern/who actually gives a shit
VISA Application Ref: ******************
Applicants Name: *******
Applicants D.O.B: **/**/****

Visa application for my wife was submitted on the 22/05/2013 and its doesn’t take a genius to figure out that today it’s been 8 months, so BHC had 8 months to do whatever checks that they had to, to either grant or reject my wife’s visa and yet here I’m still waiting.

On the 22/11/2013 (EXACTLY WHEN 6 MONTHS WERE UP) you guys sent a letter requesting additional documents and wanted original copies and gave me (Abdullah Anwar HER HUSBAND) 5 days to submit them, so I was to get the documents ready and get them to Pakistan in time. Just so you know I do not own a flying horse nor am I filthy rich to just leave my SELF EMPLOYED job to come because if you already didn’t know, we the self-employed don’t get sick leaves nor do we get holidays so when we stop working we stop earning! None the less I booked a ticket, landed on the 27/11/2013 and went straight to the Gerry’s office and submitted those documents AS REQUESTED.

Now your Useless people at Gerry’s office said that we will hear a response within a month but as you can imagine, by useless service provided to me so far I wasn’t going to hold my break and I was right and it’s been two months and nothing. Either you guys don’t respond to email or when you decide to get your head out of your asses you send a stupid response saying “CHECKS ARE IN PROGRESS” well will you kindly tell me what checks? You haven’t contacted ME, MY Landlord or the HMRC so what magical checks are you people doing there? How can the once highly praised people of BHC grant VISA to people who have submitted applications month or even 4 after me yet many countless people who submitted them before or with me are still waiting?!?!?!

Why was I made to wait 6 months before I got a letter asking for additional documents when you had what I provided from DAY ONE? Cleary you guys are STUPID but surely not blind enough to see what’s right in front of your eyes and could’ve asked for it weeks if not month before the 6 months waiting period was up.
Why was I given 5 days to submit original documents when you people are accepting copies from other people? Yes people talk on forums! A COPY of this letter will be send to my MP and all the new channel so they can see how BHC is treating people!

Feel free to send something similar as I've had enough.
Brother I would have done exactly the same if I was in your shoes. Welldone I think all those people who are waiting after submission of additional documents should do the same as you. Lets put some pressure on BHC.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Salam All

My wife finally got her visa today!

Applied on 20th May 2013
Under Process: 6th June 2013
RFC: 2nd December, extra documents requested.
Extra Documents submitted on 16th December 2013
Visa Granted 22nd Jan 2014 after 8months

It's funny because I sent them an email 2 weeks ago to which I got a reply today saying that the application was under process and they will get back to us. AND on the same day got a text from Gerry asking to collect passport! They are sending standard replies without check cases! Incompetent lot. Also, you get quicker replies if you use different email address to what you have used previously.

This required; 3 letters from MP, a letter of complaint to BHC Islamabad and about 10 emails to harass them.

If anyone has relatives in any of the EU countries then better to pursue Surrinder Singh Route as it doesn't require you to prove anything.

Good luck to all.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:04 pm

numan4040 wrote:Salam All

Applied on 20th May 2013

It's funny because I sent them an email 2 weeks ago to which I got a reply today saying that the application was under process and they will get back to us. AND on the same day got a text from Gerry asking to collect passport! They are sending standard replies without check cases! Incompetent lot. Also, you get quicker replies if you use different email address to what you have used previously.

This required; 3 letters from MP, a letter of complaint to BHC Islamabad and about 10 emails to harass them.

If anyone has relatives in any of the EU countries then better to pursue Surrinder Singh Route as it doesn't require you to prove anything.

Good luck to all.
Congratulations x

So happy fr u..

Its been 9 months for me, and im still waiting

sara567
Newly Registered

Post by sara567 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Hello everyone
Just a quick question , I had a miss call from this number 08434104897 . I tried calling back in this number but it says the number is incorrect .Do u guys think it would be from BHC people or perhaps from gerrys ?

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 pm

sara567 wrote:Hello everyone
Just a quick question , I had a miss call from this number 08434104897 . I tried calling back in this number but it says the number is incorrect .Do u guys think it would be from BHC people or perhaps from gerrys ?

THERE a debt company, dont worry spam call
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Salaam All,

Thank you everyone for advice regarding the english translated nikaah nama. Alhumdulillah my husband was able to get the english nikaah nama template. He got it translated and attested by the local court lawyer. In sha Allah he will submit tomorrow at the gerrys centre in Lahore.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

To Numan

Congratulations. Good you finally heard back from them. They are taking absoultely ages to just process applications. I wish they would do them in order, that way it would be fair for all of us.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Hey everyone I got same reply from visa enquiries as newbie1231, just that its under process and they can't give timeframe... Blah blah blah

Also first time I emailed Gerry's I got a failure notification saying that it was an incorrect email ad, but a couple of days later I got a reply. And this time I emailed them again and same thing happened but haven't got a reply yet. I think they do this deliberately.

Even when my husband called gerrys from Pakistan, he said the number didn't work!!!!

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Numan

Congratulations. Good you finally heard back from them. They are taking absoultely ages to just process applications. I wish they would do them in order, that way it would be fair for all of us.
Thanks. They are an absolute nightmare. I am not finished with them yet though, I have asked my MP to ask a question in parliament. This delay is only for cases in Pakistan, I am deeply offended by their attitude.

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:
numan4040 wrote:Salam All

Applied on 20th May 2013

Good luck to all.
Congratulations x

So happy fr u..

Its been 9 months for me, and im still waiting
Thanks Sameena. I feel for you, these people are incompetent and affect the lives of people due to their negligence.

Good luck with your application.

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:27 pm

nouman what additional documents did you send when they asked?
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

What I cannot seem to understand is, why do they ask for additional documents, if you already have had them checked by gerrys/solicitors, and submitted them?

SURELY THEY CANNOT GET LOST!

So why do they ask for them again?

Are they that incompetent?

Do they just pull people off the street to assess applications and choose at random who to give a visa to and who to not?

It just doesn't seem to make sense if you meet all the requirements yet they require further proof, AND YET they do not make the 'checks' they're meant to make.

I think it's clear to say that common sense does not prevail when it comes to the BHC.

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

ash2006 wrote:nouman what additional documents did you send when they asked?
They asked for missing bank statements.

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

numan4040 wrote:
ash2006 wrote:nouman what additional documents did you send when they asked?
They asked for missing bank statements.

congrats on your visa none the less after all the wait your wife main headache has gone and for you as well, i been waiting since sep, they deferred my case stupid delayed i dont understand why, though i have submitted 9 months wage slips and bank statements
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm

sophia20 wrote:Hey everyone I got same reply from visa enquiries as newbie1231, just that its under process and they can't give timeframe... Blah blah blah

Also first time I emailed Gerry's I got a failure notification saying that it was an incorrect email ad, but a couple of days later I got a reply. And this time I emailed them again and same thing happened but haven't got a reply yet. I think they do this deliberately.

Even when my husband called gerrys from Pakistan, he said the number didn't work!!!!
It didn't work from here when I first tried it last year. I had to ring it about 12 times before it eventually connected. Things in Pakistan really are a mess. Even in places like India and Nigeria, settlement visa are generally granted at 3 months max.

I think perhaps the worst thing (apart from the length of time taken in Pakistan) is that there doesn't seem to be any transparency or consistency in the process.

Fingers crossed though....inshallah all will go well eventually

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 am

newbie1213 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:Hey everyone I got same reply from visa enquiries as newbie1231, just that its under process and they can't give timeframe... Blah blah blah

It didn't work from here when I first tried it last year. I had to ring it about 12 times before it eventually connected. Things in Pakistan really are a mess. Even in places like India and Nigeria, settlement visa are generally granted at 3 months max.

I think perhaps the worst thing (apart from the length of time taken in Pakistan) is that there doesn't seem to be any transparency or consistency in the process.

Fingers crossed though....inshallah all will go well
Why did u call 12 times for? Lol I would give up after 2nd 3rd time lol
True they're just messing us about!:-( think they get kicks out of doing this to us lol

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:00 am

sophie20 wrote,
True they're just messing us about!:-( think they get kicks out of doing this to us lol[/quote]

If I could 'like' this comment I would lol. If I'd have known then what I know now I defo would have given up a lot earlier on trying to reach them haha

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:52 am

newbie1213 wrote:sophie20 wrote,
True they're just messing us about!:-( think they get kicks out of doing this to us lol
If I could 'like' this comment I would lol. If I'd have known then what I know now I defo would have given up a lot earlier on trying to reach them haha[/quote]
Lol I'm thinking this is my new social network site lol nah u were right not to give up newbie1321 lol :)

PCM2013
Newly Registered

Post by PCM2013 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my wife visa next month so please can anyone confirm me that I am sending the following documents,

Wife Documents:

1. HER PASSPORT
2. HER CNIC.
3. OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BOTH (URDU/ENGLISH FROM NADRA)
4. TB CERTIFICATE
5. ENGLISH TEST CERTIFICATE

My Documents:

1. MY PASSPORT (ATTESTED COPY FROM SOLICITOR)
2. MY ILR (ATTESTED COPY FROM SOLICITOR)
3. MY 12 MONTH PAY SLIPS
4. MY 12 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS
5. TENANCY AGREEMENT WITH LETTER FROM LANDLORD.

If there is anything else please can anyone help me as this forum was really very helpful to me in my last application for ILR.

Kind regards.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am

E-Mailed visa enquiries regarding wifes application, asked them specifically if it's on hold or under process.

Received same generic reply, as I did last time.

They don't read e-mails. :(

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 am

Yes I agree. I think it's only Sameena who is before me, I hope she gets it soon.

Regards

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 am

PCM2013 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my wife visa next month so please can anyone confirm me that I am sending the following documents,

Wife Documents:

1. HER PASSPORT
2. HER CNIC.
3. OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BOTH (URDU/ENGLISH FROM NADRA)
4. TB CERTIFICATE
5. ENGLISH TEST CERTIFICATE

My Documents:

1. MY PASSPORT (ATTESTED COPY FROM SOLICITOR)
2. MY ILR (ATTESTED COPY FROM SOLICITOR)
3. MY 12 MONTH PAY SLIPS
4. MY 12 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS
5. TENANCY AGREEMENT WITH LETTER FROM LANDLORD.

If there is anything else please can anyone help me as this forum was really very helpful to me in my last application for ILR.

Kind regards.
U need a p60, wedding photos/film, phone logs(printed statements) or Skype logs, or letters or emails to show how you stayed in contact. Tanslated copy of nika nama.
That's all I can member, go to someone who knows, solicitor they'll help you

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:01 pm

numan4040 wrote:

Yes I agree. I think it's only Sameena who is before me, I hope she gets it soon.

Regards

InshaAllah.not.long now i.suppose, i can't believe im the last one waiting!!

I hope u have a happy.life, really happy for you!!