ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility For ILR - Please advise

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANAG
Newly Registered

Eligibility For ILR - Please advise

Post by ANAG » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello there,

I am in need of some advise here. I am from India and I arrived in the UK in August 2009 on ICT Established Staff which was due to expire in June 2011. Although I had a continued assignment here in the UK, I had to give away the visa as my wedding date clashed with the visa renewal date and my sponsor was not ready to process the extension before 1 month to expiry. Left with no other option I returned back to India in the month of June 2011 for my wedding and my visa expired. However I returned back to the UK immediately but on a new visa - ICT short term in the month of August 2011 (within 2 months). The reason I had to get a short term ICT is that my annual salary was just less than 40K. However during this one year, my salary was incremented and it went beyond 40K. As a mandate, I returned back to India just before the expiry of the short term ICT in the month of July (end of the month) 2012. I then got my long term ICT processed and came back to the UK in November 2012 and have continued since then. (Quite some journey huh!)

I am completing 5 years this August (technically) and there has not ever been any continuous period of 180 days or more outside the UK. Please can you advise me if I stand a chance to obtain an ILR this August (2014). Any direction will be much appreciated.

Regards,
ANAG

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Eligibility For ILR - Please advise

Post by manci » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am

see p27
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If the applicant’s leave expires whilst they are outside the UK and they apply for new entry clearance more than 28 days after their previous leave expires, then the continuous period is broken and leave is not aggregated.

on this basis continuity was broken in June-August 2011.

Also, if you came to the UK in 2009 under T2 ICT this couldn't have been as T2 ICT Established Staff as this sub-category was only introduced from 6 April 2010

ANAG
Newly Registered

Post by ANAG » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you very much for getting back so quickly.
This therefore means the 5 year term / clock has restarted and I cannot apply for an ILR at this point ?

Regards,
ANAG

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 am

unfortunately your ILR clock has not restarted since you don't have continuous leave that included leave under the rules before 6 April 2010