ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Derivative residence card for non EEA member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michaelj
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:42 am

I am a South african citizen. I am applying for a derivative residence card on the basis of being the primary carer of my British daughter(8 months old). Is there anyone out there who could advise me on which documents to submit..?
I have got all the usual stuff - Birth certificates, bank statements, tenancy agreements etc. I even have a letter from our local MP in support of our application.

Is there anything else I can submit or do to strengthen my application? What case law will be best to submit in my covering letter and what would be the best way to word it?
We would appreciate any help.

Odu
Newly Registered

Post by Odu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi am new in this forum....need your advice....dont know if am eligible for derivated uk card....am currenttly on a tier4 visa nd my pregnant ...my visa runs out in june but am due to give birth in may.....my fiancee is in the uk....just turned in his application for indefinate leave to remain....he has been here for 5yrs and his siblings and parents are ere as well...he is applying on the grounds that everyone is in the uk and doesnt have any tie in nigeria.....but the problem is he applied for ILR when is visa had expired he was on a youth mobility visa....but we are still yet to here from the home office....i dont know if i can get a derivative card based on the fact that the father of the child is here and am the carer of the child...and also write that he has applied for his indefinate leave to remain.....or what do you al suggest i do...cause i really want to stay back and considering the child thats on the way..