ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence important question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anas123456789
BANNED

ILR long residence important question

Post by anas123456789 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello All

I am applying for ILR based on LR 10 years. One of the points i have been reading on numerous websites is:

"You should not have left the UK during the 10 years with a clear intention not to return to the UK"

This is the condition that apparently one has to fulfill to qualify for 10 year long residence.

Can someone plz explain what this means? how will the UKBA ascertain this?

plz help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR long residence important question

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Namely by not exceeding the absences limit, 6 months at any one time, 540 days in total.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

grevillea303
Newly Registered

Post by grevillea303 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Amber, I was having two absences more than 180 days. But after workng out the dates it came down to only one absence to be more than 180 days and other reduced to 150 days. Total absence days for me in the last 5 years are 490 days. Thus, my case is a case wherein below statement holds true. Could you please advise on my case - Subject is: "Application with Two absences- both more than 180 days". Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Any compassionate reason for an absence over 6 months?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

grevillea303
Newly Registered

Post by grevillea303 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Amber, the absenecs were due to business reasons. My employer asked me to work in offshore location for the peirod. Although initial period as lesser than 180 days, due to project delayes that got extended. The employer has provided a letter statting there was a requirement to work at offshore and this resource was one of the critical resource to be present at offshore. Also, they stated that they are going to need me in future in UK. Please advise. Thanks