ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Evidence or New Evidence?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxinelinda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Additional Evidence or New Evidence?

Post by maxinelinda » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some urgent feedback.

My husband was refused due to not meeting the English Language requirement. In his application he included his original Bachelor’s degree from Ghana obtained in May 2012 and his transcripts. Did not realise we need a statement from UK Naric to also back this up. We have appealed and included an English Language assessment which confirms his English level at C1.

Please could someone confirm if this is additional or new evidence – I’ve read what it says on the UKBA website but am still not sure. His circumstances were that he had obtained his degree at the time of application and we did produce some evidence to show this so I was under the impression that the Naric statement could be used as additional evidence but it is dated after his decision. However it the UKBA website does give an example of additional evidence of a bank statement dated after the decision which shows transactions before the decision so am still hopeful? Also, during his application they did telephone him to ask him to get the Naric Statement but couldn’t get the Naric statement within 7 days so they rejected.

Also, we did a second application (as hoping this would come through sooner than the appeal) – they rejected it again 1) on financial grounds as they said we had not submitted bank statements that matched with the payslips – COMPLETELY WRONG!! And secondly lack of evidence of subsisting relationship even though we put details of phone bills, viber chats etc. The 28 days for appealing against this second application is about to run out and wasn’t planning to appeal due to the first one being outstanding.

Please any advice is greatly appreciated.

vinny

Re: Additional Evidence or New Evidence?

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maxinelinda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maxinelinda » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Yes, this is what I was referring to that I have read on the UKBA website, but people seem to interpret this in different ways and I am still not sure.

If any one can offer additional advice, it would be appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:31 pm

It is evidence relating to circumstances at the date of decision (i.e. a that he had a qualification satisfying the English language requirement) and therefore should be considered additional and not new.