ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vimi

ILR Questions

Post by vimi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello Friends

Could anyone give me a format of the reference letter that we need to send with the application for ILR. Its the letter that people knows you.

Thank you all in advance.

Vimi

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:38 pm

People know you in what capacity?

Is it a letter from your employer/university/college/friends/relatives?

What's the purpose of this letter? Is it to explain to UKBA that you are a person of a good character, have lived here for number of years, developed necessary social ties in the UK and will be a beneficial addition to the UK society?

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:People know you in what capacity?

Is it a letter from your employer/university/college/friends/relatives?

What's the purpose of this letter? Is it to explain to UKBA that you are a person of a good character, have lived here for number of years, developed necessary social ties in the UK and will be a beneficial addition to the UK society?

thank you for your reply.

I think its a letter that a friend or employer can give me. can be a character one, its just to show that i have been here for a while and what kind of a person i am.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 am

which section of the application form asks for this?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:which section of the application form asks for this?
. Documents needed. And also a solicitor said i wil need but he didnt give me a format.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

vimi,

there are different documents required to address different sections of the application form/process.

The form says so... is not helping to help you.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

deleted_user

Re: Reference letter For ILR

Post by deleted_user » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:02 pm

vimi wrote:Hello Friends

Could anyone give me a format of the reference letter that we need to send with the application for ILR. Its the letter that people knows you.

Vimi
AFAIK, no character reference letter is needed for ILR. What category are you applying ILR under? 10 yr long residence, spouse, Tier migrant?

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 am

No reference letters needed for ILR. BUT I was advised to supply them by my solicitors, as well as writing a personal statement myself.

I don't know how much of a help such reference letters are, but I suppose at least it shows that people like you here in the UK and you have sufficient ties in this country.

There is no standard format.
University/college teachers can confirm your studying period (and if you had a good relationship) mention that you were a good student and they truly support your settlement application.
Employer can write a standard reference letter, stating how long you have worked with them, what a brilliant job you are doing etc etc.
Friends - can explain how they know you, how long and why they think you should stay in the UK. Would be helpful if you do some volunteering work.
Remember, that for friends' letters they will need to supply copy of their passports (and visas if they need them to stay in the UK).

vimi

Re: Reference letter For ILR

Post by vimi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm

dimension7 wrote:
vimi wrote:Hello Friends

Vimi
AFAIK, no character reference letter is needed for ILR. What category are you applying ILR under? 10 yr long residence, spouse, Tier migrant?
thank you all for your responses. I do understand that its not required, but my solicitor has asked me that is why im seeking a little help here if anyone has done such letters and i need a format.

I am applying under the 10 yr rule.

Thank you again to you all for your time in replying.

vimi

Post by vimi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:27 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:No reference letters needed for ILR. BUT I was advised to supply them by my solicitors, as well as writing a personal statement myself.

I don't know how much of a help such reference letters are, but I suppose at least it shows that people like you here in the UK and you have sufficient ties in this country.

There is no standard format.
University/college teachers can confirm your studying period (and if you had a good relationship) mention that you were a good student and they truly support your settlement application.
Employer can write a standard reference letter, stating how long you have worked with them, what a brilliant job you are doing etc etc.
Friends - can explain how they know you, how long and why they think you should stay in the UK. Would be helpful if you do some volunteering work.
Remember, that for friends' letters they will need to supply copy of their passports (and visas if they need them to stay in the UK).

Hello The GreenTea

Many thanks for your reply. I think its a bit more clear now of what i should write :D

Vimi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 am

vimi wrote:Hello Guys

Could someone tell me which level of English test i need for my husband when applying for ILR. He is applying as a dependant. I know mine is level B2 of any English test.

Thank you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

What is your current immigration status, under what category did you apply for ILR (I assume long residence?)? What is your husband's current status and how long has he been in the UK? Why is your level B2, when it is B1 for settlement in addition to LIUK?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 am

D4109125 wrote:What is your current immigration status, under what category did you apply for ILR (I assume long residence?)? What is your husband's current status and how long has he been in the UK? Why is your level B2, when it is B1 for settlement in addition to LIUK?
Hello

Thank for directing me here, im a bit new on the thread. Im applying for ILR in January under long residence and my husband has been dependant onme for the last 10 years. My Ielts has expired and im going to book it soon but little confused as to which level my husb should be booking for. Any help is much appreciated.

Vimi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:25 pm

I assume that your spouse will also be applying for SET(LR)? If so, you'll both have to meet a B1 English requirement in addition to LIUK.

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm

[quote="D4109125"]I assume that your spouse will also be applying for SET(LR)? If so, you'll both have to meet a B1 English requirement in addition to LIUK.[/quo

Yes he will be applying. Many thanks for the clarification.

Good day

Vimi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 pm

An expired pass at B1 or above should be acceptable as should a comparable degree taught in English, both in addition to LIUK.

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:58 pm

D4109125 wrote:An expired pass at B1 or above should be acceptable as should a comparable degree taught in English, both in addition to LIUK.
Thank you for your replies Amber.

Mine has expired last April.. do mean that i can use this ??? i think to be on the safe side i better re do it. Yes i do have a degree in taught in English and Masters too. Im a bit scared as to each and every documents required, being extra careful not to fall onto any refusal as i know the pain of it, thats the reason i think id better do another one.

Thanks

Vimi

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 pm

vimi wrote:
D4109125 wrote:An expired pass at B1 or above should be acceptable as should a comparable degree taught in English, both in addition to LIUK.

Mine has expired last April.. do mean that i can use this ??? i think to be on the safe side i better re do it. Yes i do have a degree in taught in English and Masters too. Im a bit scared as to each and every documents required, being extra careful not to fall onto any refusal as i know the pain of it, thats the reason i think id better do another one.

Thanks

Vimi
Hello guys could someone tell me which application form i should fill for my dependants. I am applying under long residence rule and filling the LR form but confused which form my dependants should fill as they wont complete 10 years same as me.. but they have always apply as dependants.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Vimi

vimi

Re:

Post by vimi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:06 pm

vimi wrote:
vimi wrote:

Thanks

Vimi
Hello guys could someone tell me which application form i should fill for my dependants. I am applying under long residence rule and filling the LR form but confused which form my dependants should fill as they wont complete 10 years same as me.. but they have always apply as dependants.

Thanks

Vimi
Hello Guys

First of all Happy New year to you all.

im sending my application in january. i just want to clarify something. i am doing 10 years next week but my dependant will be doin 10 years in dec 2014

solicitor has advised for them not to apply together with me... anyone in the same shoes here... am a bit confuse here..

could one of the experience member clarify if this is the correct way of going about it.

Thanks in advance

vimi

vimi

Re: Re:

Post by vimi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks

Vimi[/quote]

Hello Guys

im sending my application in january. i just want to clarify something. i am doing 10 years next week but my dependant will be doin 10 years in dec 2014

solicitor has advised for them not to apply together with me... anyone in the same shoes here... am a bit confuse here..

could one of the experience member clarify if this is the correct way of going about it.

Thanks in advance

vimi[/quote]

Hello Guys

Could someone tell me how long does it take to get your file from UKBA...

Thanx

Vimi

vimi

Re: Re:

Post by vimi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello Guys

Thanks in advance

vimi[/quote]

Hello Guys

Could someone tell me how long does it take to get your file from UKBA...

Thanx

Vimi[/quote]

chowkal

Re: ILR Questions

Post by chowkal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Vimi,
I think your solicitor is confusing you or he/she is not awre of what is requried. This portal is very useful on giving advises. Please dont panic. If still required I would suggest you take advise from OISC registered company. There are OISC folks who charge you only on successfull application.

It's your call to progres on how you want to take your applciation forward. To the best of my Knowledge there is no character certification letter requried from anyone. UKBA will make it's own enquiries about the applicant. If you have already paid money to the solicitor, If I where in your shoes, I will just let it go..

Again, its your call please