ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Employed,Limited Company Director and HMRC help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fn286

ILR - Employed,Limited Company Director and HMRC help needed

Post by fn286 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Dear Seniors and experts,

I needed some information on ILR PEO application. I did my extension as employed (sole director of own limited company) and also completed my self assessment and corporation tax return for that year when I was trading. All my earnings were in the form of dividend vouchers (no PAYE at all to avoid NI and Tax etc). This is what my accountant suggested and I got the extension.

My question is: If corporation tax paid is quite low as compare to the earnings claimed (as dividends) during the extension in 2012, does Home Office will have any problem with that? What If my accountant have shown expenses to reduce the tax? I believe it was employed work as director therefore net income of company was not considered to claim points like in case of self employment. However Corporate Tax is paid and self assessment was also completed for that year. I closed my company last year.

Does anyone had similar situation and questioned for HMRC corporation tax as company director?

How often Home Office asked detail on whcih extension was made?

I'm now working full time but my HMRC employment history letter is showing NO NICs paid and NIC type as 'N/A' for 2013-2014. Will that create a problem? Although I have been employed since last 12 months and claiming points for ILR.

One last question: What if one of your previous employers doesn't submit your details (RTI) to HMRC for NI and Tax? and that employment doesn't appear on HMRC National insurance statement?

I will really appreciate your expert advise.

Thanks.

kams19

Re: ILR - Employed,Limited Company Director and HMRC help ne

Post by kams19 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:50 am

I think you should provide monthly salary slips of last 12 months with bank statments and employer reference letter,
For earlier years, you can provide just the P60 or employment history letter from HMRC. I didnt provide NI statement to UKBA.
Hope that helps.

chowkal

Re: ILR - Employed,Limited Company Director and HMRC help ne

Post by chowkal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi,
I think it is, what dividends has been taken out by yourself from the company and the necessary tax paid during that tax year i.e: for my extension I declared dividend as 40K and salry as 5K. And during that period I paid the Coporate tax and did my self assesment as well.

I guess what maters is your income ( it can be a comibination of salary and Dividends)

hope this answers your query.

Thanks
DC