ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC by descent, can child hv BC while born outside UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maryc
Newly Registered

BC by descent, can child hv BC while born outside UK?

Post by maryc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

hi,

I got my BC by descent and I do not born in UK.
Thou I've worked in UK for 8yrs, total stayed in UK for 10yrs.
If my child is not born in UK, the child don't hv BC?
coz my BC can not passed on to my child.
am I right?

how can I hv my child born outside UK and hv BC?

can I apply for naturalisation? so I can hv my child born outside UK and hv BC ?

pls advise and correct me!~ help~~~

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 am

You child will not be British from birth but can apply for registration as a BC.

There are two options:

- apply under Section 3.2. In this case the child will be British by decent.
- apply under Section 3.5. In this case the child will be BC other than by decent.

If there is a possibility the child may return to live in the United Kingdom before they reach the age of 15, you should consider whether it would be in their best interests to apply under section 3(5) at a later date.

maryc
Newly Registered

Post by maryc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

thank you very much for the quick reply.
loving this site !
will read the sections carefully !!! thank you !!! :D

rajaiizahir
Newly Registered

Re: BC by descent, can child hv BC while born outside UK?

Post by rajaiizahir » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi, you mentioned you were not born in the UK and you are citizen by decent. That means you got this from your father or mother who was citizen otherwise than by decent. If it is so, your child will not be British automatically. If your child however lives in the UK for 3 years he can register as British citizen. Again being a British citizen by decent if you were in any crown service or community service at the time your child was born, your child will be British despite he was born outside UK. He will be citizen otherwise than by decent I.e. he can transfer his citizenship to his children. There is a doubt left in your question. You said you have lived in the UK for 10 years. If you got your citizenship all by yourself I.e. through long residence of 10 years, you will be citizen otherwise than by decent. In that case your child will be citizen by decent and he does not have to be in the UK for 3 years as I said earlier. He can apply for such citizenship or right of abode while being outside.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: BC by descent, can child hv BC while born outside UK?

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:20 pm

You are replying to a post which is almost 2 years old.