ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa refused - french embassy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amrhady

schengen visa refused - french embassy

Post by amrhady » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Hello all,

I got a refusal letter from french consulate in London, I applied via TLS contact center. The reason was "The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable"

I have had several schengen visas before, my UK tier1 residence is valid till October 2015. I provided all the required documents. However, reviewing my application i have realized that I have provided the wrong hotel name/address in the application form than the one I provided the booking for(due to last minute change of plans). This is the only reason that I can think of which might have made it rejected.

I am thinking to fix this and apply again - I am just doubtful if I should apply again next week or postpone my trip for now and apply later at another embassy?

Any suggestions?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: schengen visa refused - french embassy

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

You are entitled to query the result. A refusal should be clear so that the applicant understands what was at issue.

Were you given permission to appeal?

amrhady

Post by amrhady » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey, thanks for replying.

Yes I can appeal. But the last person i know who appealed the process took him 6 month, and that's too long. Does it make a difference if I apply again without appealing?

amrhady

Post by amrhady » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey, thanks for replying.

Yes I can appeal. But the last person i know who appealed the process took him 6 month, and that's too long. Does it make a difference if I apply again without appealing?