ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA-FP (Need your attention please)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

EEA-FP (Need your attention please)

Post by shark_tank007 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi all, I wish the best to all the people for their cases. Following are details of my case and few questions. Your kind response will be highly appreciated.

Background:

I'm applying for EEA family permit in early February 2014 to join my EEA (Polish) wife in UK. I currently live in Poland as a temporary resident. Our relationship began in September 2012 and we are married since December 2012. My wife is currently in UK and in employment since last 3 months.

Question:

I will be really glad if anyone can answer my questions.

1. Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?

I was once refused student visa in 2009 but then it was granted on appeal. So do I need to mention this as visa refused?

2. I'm considering attaching a supporting letter from my mother in-law.. that she wants to meet me in UK. I think this can assist my case to proof my relationship is genuine. Is it ok? Whom should I be addressing this letter to? UKBA or British High commission or British Embassy in Warsaw?

3. I believe showing Skype chats and emails can support my case. Should they relate to very beginning of our relationship or the focus should be on period since we are living separately? What is the most appropriate way to show emails and skype. Snap shots or copy, paste to MS Word and Print out?

4. Should digital picture be used to print on A4 or they should be glued on A4 paper. Most of my pics are in digital format.

5. Is it the right approach to split the documentation in two main sections i.e. Sponser (wife) section and Applicant (husband) section?

6. The employment letter that my wife is supposed to include, will not be including her salary, as her manager said they won't disclose that. Is it important to have salary mentioned in this letter? Because payslips already provide proof of that.

7. I managed to grab one sample for Sponsor letter to support my application but I'm not yet sure how large it can be and what are the important bits that should be mentioned by my wife. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Again, I would highly appreciate your feedback/help.

Thank you very much in advance.

dalebutt

Re: EEA-FP (Need your attention please)

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:01 pm

1 NO
2 Anything you deemed appropriate, there is no set rule for proving relationship except for couples with kids, as it will be obvious it's not sham , address it to entry clearance officer, it doesn't actually matter who it's addressed to.

3 If there is any reason you think your application might be susceptible to sham, you should provide as enough as possible, the more evidence the better.

4) I would provide digital pictures, there are no set rule as to what to provide, whatever you think is right in your own eyes.

5) If it's gona make the life of the decision maker easier, I will certainly opt for it.

6) No it's not important, provided payslip is included.

7) What do you mean by sponsor letter, this application isn't as complicated as you may have contemplated, a letter from your wife, stating who she is, and what her intentions are, that is, for the ECO to issue you a FP to join her in the UK would suffice.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:46 pm

dalebutt wrote:1 NO
2 Anything you deemed appropriate, there is no set rule for proving relationship except for couples with kids, as it will be obvious it's not sham , address it to entry clearance officer, it doesn't actually matter who it's addressed to.

3 If there is any reason you think your application might be susceptible to sham, you should provide as enough as possible, the more evidence the better.

4) I would provide digital pictures, there are no set rule as to what to provide, whatever you think is right in your own eyes.

5) If it's gona make the life of the decision maker easier, I will certainly opt for it.

6) No it's not important, provided payslip is included.

7) What do you mean by sponsor letter, this application isn't as complicated as you may have contemplated, a letter from your wife, stating who she is, and what her intentions are, that is, for the ECO to issue you a FP to join her in the UK would suffice.
Thank you very much Dalebutt :)

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 pm

In the application I'm asked "What do you plan to do during your stay in UK"?

We have plan to permanently settle in UK but I fear that revealing this plan to Visa officer will mean that my case will go through tougher scrutiny. Is it the case? Currently I mentioned in my application that I'm going there to spend time with my wife, meet my in-laws and attend my graduation ceremony (which is true). I'm scared to say that I want to travel in UK, because then they would expect me to show my plan for travel.

Dalebutt or if anyone can reply please. I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 pm

It is not a problem, you can say what you intend to do whilst in the UK, and you can decide not to disclose it, it is not part of the decision making, if you can demonstrate you are a family member of an EU citizen and your wife is a qualified person, that is, she is a worker, then you have a right of admission into the UK, applying for FP is not mandatory, but it will help you to board a flight bound for the UK more easily, it doesn't serve any purpose than that. Relax and get on with your application.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Thanks for boosting my morale Dalebutt. You are very helpful. Thanks again.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I have one more question please :) Although I have legal status in Poland right now but in the past, 1 week before my UK Student visa was about to expire, I left UK to travel illegally in many European countries. After this I visited Poland, met my (now wife) and got residency on that basis. Our relationship is genuine and she is aware of all facts.

How does this affect my chances for visa via EEA FP and should I reveal information about all the countries that I have travelled illegally :?: because there is a related question in the visa application :?

I will be glad if Dalebutt or anyone else can help out.

Thank you :)