ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee with expired professional qualification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Referee with expired professional qualification

Post by fatcat294 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi

I'm looking to ask a friend to act as a professional referee for my citizenship application. He used to be a member of the IET (MIET) which meets the requirement for a professional referee, however his membership has expired recently - he basically forgot to renew it. Would it be an issue for him to act as my professional referee?

thanks

Just Wondering

Re: Referee with expired professional qualification

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:25 am

The acceptable professional referees are set out http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Unless I am mistaken, IET is the Institute of Engineering and Technology. So I assume that your friend is an engineer. Engineers are an acceptable profession so long as that person has a professional qualification. Therefore, he does not need to be a member of IET but he does need to have a professional qualification.

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat294 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:01 am

Hi

Thanks for replying. Based on this page http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professi ... ed_Kingdom MIET is a professional qualification so that's what I'm after. The issue now is his MIET is not renewed yet, is that an issue?

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Post by tundefaboye » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:56 am

Your friend can sign as your referee because he is an engineer with or without IET membership. IET are a professional body and for your friend to qualify for IET, he is first an engineer.

Yes your friend can sign your form.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:56 am

IET is a professional body - and membership isn't required to be a referee for naturalization.