ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Singh Refusals following Centre of Life Rule

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AngieD

Re: Singh Refusals following Centre of Life Rule

Post by AngieD » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:07 am

sebstewart wrote:
rosebead wrote:Sebstewart, it just occurred to me, did your wife apply for the EEA Family Permit before 1 January 2014 or after?
Interesting! We made two applications. The first one was made on December 2013 but my wife didn’t apply with this one because we didn’t declare I had savings (but evidence I was submitting showed I have savings in my English account). That’s why we made a second application on the 2nd January 2014 (I didn’t know they were changing the regulations) and we declare the savings and made the appointment for the 6th January. I think I can still make an appointment with the application we made in December but I don’t know how they will judge it, or is me lying about my savings will make a difference?

Thanks
seb
You don't have to declare savings - you just put n/a for that question

sebstewart
Newly Registered

Post by sebstewart » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:30 am

AngieD wrote:You don't have to declare savings - you just put n/a for that question
I understand it's not applicable but if you do an online application it's a multi-choice question (yes or no) you have to answer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14-20.html

Above is the link to my thread let’s try and keep this thread for refusals and so on.

thanks
Seb

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 pm

I recently joined a number of Facebook groups for people trying out the Surinder Singh route and stumbled across someone who applied for an EEA Family Permit just after the recent rule change and managed to successfully obtain it a few days ago. Her British husband had only lived and worked in Ireland for 16 weeks. It sounds like it's just a lottery and depends on the ECO that you get unfortunately :( . The "centre of life" requirements are so vague that ECOs can interpret it in any way they like.

shomrat khan
Newly Registered

emergency help needed

Post by shomrat khan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 am

hello guys
hope you guys alright?i applied for my eea2 application since last year, after 6 months i got my refusal letter from HO. than i went for appeal again they refused me than i went for upper tribunal they did not give me a permission to carry on upper tribunal. after 4 weeks they send me a letter and give me a permission for court of appeal did not go for appeal. than i applied for reconsideration for my eea2 applicaton still i did not get any news from HO.
question is still have i got right to work in uk?please let me knw asap coz my work place,they suspend me from work without pay and they they said to me i have to show them any letter fron HO tht i have right to work so guys please advice me what i need to do??

thanx