ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

english language requirement for spouse for ILR VISA

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SKJMR

english language requirement for spouse for ILR VISA

Post by SKJMR » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife will be applying for ILR soon.
my wife has been in UK for 3 years now, came to UK in 2010

My Question is I got my masters degree in UK and passed LIUK test, So I am fine

my wife has passed LIUK test and will she have to prove English language requirement.

She did her Engineering from JNTU university...for 4 years...from Hyderabad,India.

is that ok as proof of English language if she gets a letter from university saying degree is thought in English or does she need to provide any more further documentation like UK naric CERTIFICATE or UKBA eligibility calculator showing the university in india is listed on the ukba website/calculator.

many thanks
skjmr

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: english language requirement for spouse for ILR VISA

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 pm

If calculator is showing your university then just take print out and u don't need any more English proof
2nd option is use naric certificate even then you don't need English test.
3rd option is take English test and use that certificate.
ss

khanstudent
Newly Registered

Post by khanstudent » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Dont know which is the right way to follow. But soon I will apply for my wife ILR in April, 2014; she has passed Life in the UK but for english language I will use the ukba calculator for her Master Degree from Pakistan. I hope this will work.

Javed

ansha12345
Newly Registered

Post by ansha12345 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi SSWSZ

Will just a print-out of point based calculator would suffice or you need original degree certificate as well. Will only original mark sheets suffice? Thanks .