ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave To Remain (Extension Due in March 2014)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dltr
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain (Extension Due in March 20

Post by dltr » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 am

Could you please me that writing the following lines 1. will have positive impact on my DLR application and how. Further 2. how it will impact on my ILR application in future (after 3 years)

If I write the sentence in my application for extension of DLR as you suggested "bankruptcy was due to difficult economic times and not an intention/recklessness as to not pay debts. Bankruptcy should be declared as a Civil judgement." what this mean in technical terms and this sentence will impact on application.

I request you to please reply soon you can as I am waiting for last 4 days

faisal77
Newly Registered

Post by faisal77 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:52 am

my extension for discretionary leave to remain is due in september 2014...

I came in england jan 2001 student visa then i got work permit in 2005 dec...for 5 yrs but in 2010 my company went bankrupt and i applied ILR on 10 yr basis.

I stayed more than 18mths abroad in 10 yrs my case was rejected...then in appeal on the basis of family (wife and two daughters age 6 and 3) article 8 i got discretionary leave.

I then applied visa for my wife and kids as my dependent...we waited for a year...as her parents were very will she with drew the case and went back...

My question is can i apply again ILR on long term residence as i now fulfil the criteria. My limited leave to remain expires in sept 2014.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 am

You can apply under SET(LR) - long residence or after 6 years DLR so far as you meet the requirements including KoLL - LIUK and B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

faisal77
Newly Registered

Post by faisal77 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:46 pm

what do u mean by KOLL

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:30 pm

KoLL - LIUK and B1 English. KoLL = Knowledge of Language and Life.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

saint5573
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain ( EXTENSION DUE IN SEPT 20

Post by saint5573 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 pm

I came to UK in 1985 and I was granted discretionary leave to remain on 2011 on the grounds of long stay. I applied for indefinite leave to remain but was given DLR. Before applying I was leaving with my partner for almost 10 years. she is subject to immigration control with no point of entry. We had a baby in 2013 and my renewal is in October 2014. We married traditionally last year in Ghana where both of us are from. My questions are,
1. Do I have to wait and apply for both during my renewal
2. Do we have to register the marriage here ?
3. What are the supportive documents We may need during application ?
4. Will the Home Office consider my wife for not having point of entry ?

miiiirza1

Post by miiiirza1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi there
please can you tell me if you were granted further leave to remain while you were on benefits?
regards

dltr wrote:Brief History
I entered in the UK in June 2001 as a student and my wife entered in the UK in September 2001. We have three children who were born in the UK. Their year of birth are: 2002, 2003 and 2006. I got my work permit in 2004 and got immigration problem while switching work permit from one employer to another, so my work permit was refused. Then I applied for immigration on HPDL application which was kept pending. In 2008, I applied on human rights basis then we got Discretionary Leave to Remain March 2010 (for three years)

Now my two children are British as they have completed their ten years in the UK. They have British Passports.

Me, my wife and third child are going to renew our discretionary leave in March 2014.

I am sole director of two companies which are in severe loss. Therefore, I am on the following benefits.

1. Housing Benefits (£950 per month)
2. Council Tax Benefit £110 per month)
3. Child Benefits (£47 per weeks)
4. Child Tax Credit (£166 per week)
5. Working Tax Credit (£89.50 per week)

Question 1. Could these benefits can effect my extension application for discretionary leave to remain.

Question 2. Can Home Office refuse my application on the basis of these benefits.

Question 3. Can Home Office put restriction on my discretionary leave to remain for NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS but renew the discretionary leave to remain.

Question 4. What is the best solution do you suggestion/advise.

REMEMBERING THAT my discretionary leave to remain visa has NO restriction for 'NO Recourse to Public Funds.'

Thanks
DLTR

Ali88
Newly Registered

Post by Ali88 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello,

I got discretionary leave in Oct 2013 basis of HR 2.5 years, after that we apply our daughter visa in March 2014 because she was born in Dec 2013.

My question is that our visa have no restrictions for example " no resource to public funds"

but when we was got our daughter visa, back of card in Remarks they write "no resource to public funds" so why that difference?

can I apply benefits if I got 2.5 year DL after July 2012 ? Please answer in details.

Thanks

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Discretionary Leave To Remain (Extension Due in Dec 2014)

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

I got DLR in 2011 with my wife and two son (total 4 family members), I have been working for 2 years 30 hours and also getting working tax credit weekly 93 pounds and housing benefits 55 pounds a week and paying 93 pounds council tax, my questions are:

1. How much extension fee for 4 perons?
2. Will they extend us ILR?
3. I wonder these benefits could be affect on my extension.

Please reply as soon as possible, your kind reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Best wishes and Regards,

Khalidhaku

shahfaisalshahxad
Newly Registered

Post by shahfaisalshahxad » Thu May 14, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm new to this forum. I need an advise regarding an immigration matter for my wife. I explain my situation :::

We got 3 years discretionary leave to remain in May 2012.
I got my ilr in october 2014 on 10 years basis. After that I applied for my 3 children's naturalisation and they got British passport in February 2015. Now my wife's visa is expiring next week and she has been living in uk for 9 years. We are on benefits since we got discretionary leave. My wife is claiming child benefit and child tax credit and I am claiming working tax credit. We jointly are claiming housing and council tax benefits.
She is my dependent from the day 1 in uk till today. We got our dlr on echr article 8.

Now my questions are

1) what is the best option for me to do; apply flr m or flr fp or extension of dlr

2) can i apply ilr for her now?

3) if flr m or flr fp, then is there chance ukba refuse her visa because she is claiming benefits?

4) or what would be the safest way?

I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.