ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fluffyone
Newly Registered

help with visa

Post by fluffyone » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

I am an irish citizen living in the uk with my non eu husband.
He got a 5 year eea spouse visa (stamp in his passport) this is due to expire this year. What does he now need to apply for? He has always worked full time and has never been out of the uk except for family holidays 2-3 weeks.
I no longer work as i am now a full time carer to my father and our son.
It is all so confusing, I have been looking at different websites and they have all said that i have to provide proof of work, which obviously i dont have. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: help with visa

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Under the EEA Regulations, it's the actions of the EEA national that matters. You will need to exercise treaty right for 5 years. How long have you been living in the UK? Have you worked for 5 continuous years in the past (even before your husband residence)? If not, have you held a private health insurance during the time you didn't work? This is required under EEA regulations in order to count those years for PR.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 am

fluffyone wrote:I am an irish citizen living in the uk with my non eu husband.
He got a 5 year eea spouse visa (stamp in his passport) this is due to expire this year. What does he now need to apply for? He has always worked full time and has never been out of the uk except for family holidays 2-3 weeks.
I no longer work as i am now a full time carer to my father and our son.
It is all so confusing, I have been looking at different websites and they have all said that i have to provide proof of work, which obviously i dont have. Any info will be greatly appreciated
The important consideration is what you do in the UK. It is possible that you may have retained your status of worker, depending on the circumstances of you ceasing work.

Your husband can always apply for another residence card, you can rely on his income to be considered self-sufficient, but you will be expected to have sickness insurance for you and family.

fluffyone
Newly Registered

Post by fluffyone » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you for reply's.
Have been reading through A LOT of other posts, can we go on the basis that he works fulltime and supports us? If not can he just apply for another 5 year eea visa,In the hopes that i get a job and pay someone else to care for my dad while at work.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:54 pm

fluffyone wrote:he works fulltime and supports us?
Yes. In that case you exercise treaty rights as self-sufficient. This category requires both of you to have a private health insurance (not to become a burden on the state). If you can't prove holding CSI for periods of unemployment (from your side) in the past 5 years, the HO would not confirm PR status. If you buy insurance now, your partner can apply for a new 5 years RC.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Joegoa
Newly Registered

Post by Joegoa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 pm

I m Portuguese passport holder and will be bringing my wife on dependant visa from India. She is Indian passport holder. The first time she will receive 6 months visa. If I need to renew her visa, Can you tell me how long it will take for renewal of dependant visa ? Is there a quicker way I can get her renewal visa done ?
Many Thanks,