ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada relocation, does it take that long?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lmc1978
Newly Registered

Canada relocation, does it take that long?

Post by lmc1978 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:52 pm

I want to relocate in Toronto, or surrounding areas.

I am 29 years old, I speak 4 languages (english, spanish, italian and portuguese) and I have a doctorate degree in International commerce.

I have been reading about different options about work permits and the skilled worker programme would take about 4 or 5 years.

Could you tell me if there is any other chance of going there without waiting so long?

I am living in the UK at the moment, I am italian.

I would like to go to Canada at the latest May 2008.

Snowflake
Newly Registered

Post by Snowflake » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:22 pm

http://www.settlement.org/index.asp

Check out the boards here, I've found them brilliant for Ontario immigration advice and general canadian queries

CourtneyEM
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyEM » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Your Canadian immigration application can be fast-tracked if you can obtain a job offer in Canada. A Canadian job offer may qualify you for Arranged Employment, Provincial Nomination, or a Work Permit. All of these options reduce your waiting time significantly.

There's a really good Job Search Tool on this Canadian immigration website. You can start applying for jobs in Canada online.