ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Dependent Visa under Teir1 Gen -from Delhi, India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap2013
Newly Registered

Wife's Dependent Visa under Teir1 Gen -from Delhi, India

Post by ap2013 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi Gurus,
Please help me! I will try (below ) to explain the situation as much as I can.

My wife had applied for dependent visa under Tier1 General category at BHC New Delhi, India in July 2013.

After 3 weeks when we got the results, my wife's visa was unfortunately refused on following reasons:

Marriage is not genuine, no evidence how we met in first place and no evidence of who looked after her expenses etc. as I had been living in the UK and she had been with my parents and her parents home as normal Indian family setup.

We did provide all the relevant documents like wedding cards, marriage certificates, wedding photos and letter/affidavits from my parents that they have been looking after her expenses while I was in the UK. we didn't provide any documents from here parent's side as we thought there is no need.

Actually I got married in 2009 but unfortunately due to some family issues I couldn't bring my wife to UK until the date of application. During this time I had visited almost every year to see my family and wife for almost a month every time.

Unfortunately there was an admin error on our marriage certificate, we have been married since long time with no concrete email, letter (as we speak on the phone only) I think that's why ECO @Delhi assumed that this marriage is not genuine and refused my wife visa. Anyway as I was confident that our marriage is 100% genuine I asked my family to compile all documents and some more affidavits, marriage CDs, telephone itemised bills etc. to answer the points in questions and submitted the documents @ BHC New Delhi counter on 16th August 2013; for appeal as we had appeal right within 28 days.

Since then I have been chasing them and no satisfactory response. When I contact BHC New Delhi, they say that they have not heard anything from AIT (Loughborough, Leicester, Office). When I contact here in Leicester AIT, they say they have no appeal application on this ref. number which BHC New Delhi provided. and this is a case of Foreign & Commonwealth region so contact them directly. BHC New Delhi, did returned some of our original documents (Marriage CDs, my Bank Statements, etc.) after about 4 weeks of submission of appeal documents. I was in the impression that ECO/ ECM would have reviewed the appeal documents and if required they would have sent the documents to AIT in UK otherwise if they were convinced with our documents they would have given the Visa. but obviously I don't know what is going on at the moment .

So what can I do in this situation to expedite this? it seems that no one knows where are that application documents. Contacted them by email, phone, fax - same response!

Another point, when my wife applied for depend visa my Tier1 General was valid until mid February 2014, so we could only request for visa up till this date. But now I have got (earlier this month) ILR , so don't really know how it will affect the decision of my wife's appeal.

We are really sad with all this and GOD knows what is happening with this appeal application.

Please any one provide any guidance what can I do ?

Many thanks in advance
AP

ap2013
Newly Registered

Re: Wife's Dependent Visa under Teir1 Gen -from Delhi, India

Post by ap2013 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Any suggestions please guys ..
thanks in advance
AP

ap2013 wrote:Hi Gurus,
Please help me! I will try (below ) to explain the situation as much as I can.

My wife had applied for dependent visa under Tier1 General category at BHC New Delhi, India in July 2013.

After 3 weeks when we got the results, my wife's visa was unfortunately refused on following reasons:

Marriage is not genuine, no evidence how we met in first place and no evidence of who looked after her expenses etc. as I had been living in the UK and she had been with my parents and her parents home as normal Indian family setup.

We did provide all the relevant documents like wedding cards, marriage certificates, wedding photos and letter/affidavits from my parents that they have been looking after her expenses while I was in the UK. we didn't provide any documents from here parent's side as we thought there is no need.

Actually I got married in 2009 but unfortunately due to some family issues I couldn't bring my wife to UK until the date of application. During this time I had visited almost every year to see my family and wife for almost a month every time.

Unfortunately there was an admin error on our marriage certificate, we have been married since long time with no concrete email, letter (as we speak on the phone only) I think that's why ECO @Delhi assumed that this marriage is not genuine and refused my wife visa. Anyway as I was confident that our marriage is 100% genuine I asked my family to compile all documents and some more affidavits, marriage CDs, telephone itemised bills etc. to answer the points in questions and submitted the documents @ BHC New Delhi counter on 16th August 2013; for appeal as we had appeal right within 28 days.

Since then I have been chasing them and no satisfactory response. When I contact BHC New Delhi, they say that they have not heard anything from AIT (Loughborough, Leicester, Office). When I contact here in Leicester AIT, they say they have no appeal application on this ref. number which BHC New Delhi provided. and this is a case of Foreign & Commonwealth region so contact them directly. BHC New Delhi, did returned some of our original documents (Marriage CDs, my Bank Statements, etc.) after about 4 weeks of submission of appeal documents. I was in the impression that ECO/ ECM would have reviewed the appeal documents and if required they would have sent the documents to AIT in UK otherwise if they were convinced with our documents they would have given the Visa. but obviously I don't know what is going on at the moment .

So what can I do in this situation to expedite this? it seems that no one knows where are that application documents. Contacted them by email, phone, fax - same response!

Another point, when my wife applied for depend visa my Tier1 General was valid until mid February 2014, so we could only request for visa up till this date. But now I have got (earlier this month) ILR , so don't really know how it will affect the decision of my wife's appeal.

We are really sad with all this and GOD knows what is happening with this appeal application.

Please any one provide any guidance what can I do ?

Many thanks in advance
AP