ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 REFUSED WITH NO APPEAL RIGHTS FOR PROXY MARRIAGE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pandi
Newly Registered

EEA2 REFUSED WITH NO APPEAL RIGHTS FOR PROXY MARRIAGE

Post by pandi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi there,

My self and my EEA wife applied for EEA1 & EEA2 in Dec 2012. My wife received her Registration certificate in May 2013. But they refused my application on July. I do not have even appeal rights. they kept my passport with them. can any one tell me about that any particular time frame that we should apply once after our application refused and Am I still eligible to work continuously without any restrictions?

Kindly help me on this matter especially people got proxy marriage.I am waiting for your reply guys.
Last edited by pandi on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Which country was the proxy marriage conducted in.

Was it because of the proxy marriage that your application, or failure to show divorce certificate or both?

You are free to reapply anytime.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

pandi
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 REFUSED WITH NO APPEAL RIGHTS FOR PROXY MARRIAGE

Post by pandi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:11 pm

I have received a letter from capita. It insist I should leave the country.

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:57 am

pandi wrote:I have received a letter from capita. It insist I should leave the country.
Hi Pandi,

EEA 2 regulations are pretty straight forward. However; people misunderstand and misinterpret the EC law framework.
Home Office/ UKBA will look at a few aspects of your application.

1. Can you please advise what's your present nationality?
2. Where (city & country) was the proxy marriage held? (even if you didn't attend the legal ceremony, but had authorised signatories)
3. What EEA nationality does your spouse hold?
4. What was the date of your EEA 2 application?
5. If you have received a letter from Capita then, the UKBA wants to remove you from the country. However you may have rights under certain categories.

Nothing is impossible!
Good luck and do reply to the above.
Aaron.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 pm

pandi wrote:Hi there,

My self and my EEA wife applied for EEA1 & EEA2 in Dec 2012. My wife received her Registration certificate in May 2013. But they refused my application on July. I do not have even appeal rights. they kept my passport with them. can any one tell me about that any particular time frame that we should apply once after our application refused and Am I still eligible to work continuously without any restrictions?

Kindly help me on this matter especially people got proxy marriage.I am waiting for your reply guys.
Your application appears to have failed because you did not demonstrate that you were a family member of an EU national (i.e. married). This was quite some time ago. What have you done since to rectify this?