ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by yasirctl00001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:42 pm

I came to UK on 11 JAN 2004. I am applying for ILR under 10 year rule before the end of January 2014 (my current leave runs out on 16 March 2016 HSMP tier 1 GENERAL).

I have received my SAR file today from Home Office. All the data seems to be in order, except for 1 thing.

During 2008, my visa was expiring on 31st March 2008 (student Visa and applied for extension). Home office received my application on 26 March 2008.

I forgot to fill the section on forms from 7.2 to7.6 which were mandatory. As a result in the SAR documents I received I can see on 14 April 2008 my case was rejected and it has notes/minutes saying .. Application not completed section 7.2 to7.6 are mandatory, there fore application rejected and returned all documents including passport and other supporting documents. Dated 14 April

I received the returned documents along with a letter next day by filling the section from 7.2 to 7.6 according to SAR home office received my documents again on 16 April 2008.

In the SAR file I can see a decision made on 10th May 2008 and they granted me visa until 31st October 2009
What concerns me and why I have told you this whole story is the following:
1- In the SAR in case record sheet for the date 10th May 2008 when the leave to remain was granted, there is a note saying "previous application rejected"
Question: Given the circumstances above, is it safe to assume, a gap has occurred and the ILR clock has been reset in 2008?
Can this argument be used to say that, actually the ILR clock has not been broken?
I have seven time visa extension and all time applications were made on time except this rejection mentioned above though it was submitted on time too.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yasir

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Post by yasirctl00001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I came to UK on 11 JAN 2004. I am applying for ILR under 10 year rule before the end of January 2014 (my current leave runs out on 16 March 2016 HSMP tier 1 GENERAL).

I have received my SAR file today from Home Office. All the data seems to be in order, except for 1 thing.

During 2008, my visa was expiring on 31st March 2008 (student Visa and applied for extension). Home office received my application on 26 March 2008.

I forgot to fill the section on forms from 7.2 to7.6 which were mandatory. As a result in the SAR documents I received I can see on 14 April 2008 my case was rejected and it has notes/minutes saying .. Application not completed section 7.2 to7.6 are mandatory, there fore application rejected and returned all documents including passport and other supporting documents. Dated 14 April

I received the returned documents along with a letter next day by filling the section from 7.2 to 7.6 according to SAR home office received my documents again on 16 April 2008.

In the SAR file I can see a decision made on 10th May 2008 and they granted me visa until 31st October 2009
What concerns me and why I have told you this whole story is the following:
1- In the SAR in case record sheet for the date 10th May 2008 when the leave to remain was granted, there is a note saying "previous application rejected"
Question: Given the circumstances above, is it safe to assume, a gap has occurred and the ILR clock has been reset in 2008?
Can this argument be used to say that, actually the ILR clock has not been broken?
I have seven time visa extension and all time applications were made on time except this rejection mentioned above though it was submitted on time too.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yasir

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi All

Do we Need to have A SAR report with ILR (LT) Application???

Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 pm

no

mskhan78 wrote:Hi All

Do we Need to have A SAR report with ILR (LT) Application???

Regards
ss

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Post by yasirctl00001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi !
Could you please post my detail on the sky drive?
ILR Application (0n the basis of continuous lawful residence in the UK): 09.01.2014
Acknowledgement letter: 16.01.2014
Biomtric Letter: 22.01.2014
Biometric Enrolled: 24.10.2014
Approval Letter: waiting
BRP : waiting.

I will be so glad if you put my detail on the sky drive. Thanks a lot in advance...

kushg12
Newly Registered

Post by kushg12 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 am

Hello members. I have got a question
Does Home Office write to applicant to let them know that they have received a request to expedite their application or any sort of communication?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 am

Hope this week good news for more September 2013 applicants

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:40 am

Advice to all future ILR applicants:
Ensure you include a special delivery return envelope with your application. Note the tracking number and this way, you can tell when your package will arrive.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:45 am

esmsi wrote:Hope this week good news for more September 2013 applicants[/quote
esmsi wrote:Hope this week good news for more September 2013 applicants
I have also alot of hope from this week. Applied on 9 September 13 .
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:00 am

emran habib wrote:Dear Readers!
Whoever made an in time appeal and is on 3C an 3D leave but want to withdraw their existing appeal; here's the answer for you:

The fact that you have withdrawn your appeal is not a problem provided that you submit your application for ILR based on long residence within the 28 day period.

Giving notice of appeal and then submitting a new application after withdrawing the appeal is fairly common.

If you consider that your application for long residence has a better chance of getting an approval than your appeal (for whatever reason) then this was the correct thing to do.

You should focus on getting the ILR application drafted correctly and ensuring that you gather all the necessary supporting evidence that you will need to submit with it. The key is not making a mistake in the drafting of the application and ensuring that you do not miss out any documentation. Make a list of your documents early. Collect and collate them. Revisit the draft list and consider any further documents that might improve it. Add them as necessary.

The facts you have state (no convictions, time inside UK) are consistent with an eligible application for ILR so the application will certainly be considered.

If the application is refused then you will be free to appeal it, or submit a further application for another category or visa, or a revised application for ILR correcting any omissions/errors that are made in the first application for ILR...

I hope, this clarifies...
Thankd Emran.. thats what i have done.. withdraw appeal and apply the ILR same day.. now the wait begins.. i hope i have not curtailed the 3C & 3D and became illigal...will update once i receive further update.

Shogun75

Post by Shogun75 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:00 pm

:P
emran habib wrote:Dear Readers!
Whoever made an in time appeal and is on 3C an 3D leave but want to withdraw their existing appeal; here's the answer for you:

The fact that you have withdrawn your appeal is not a problem provided that you submit your application for ILR based on long residence within the 28 day period.

Giving notice of appeal and then submitting a new application after withdrawing the appeal is fairly common.

If you consider that your application for long residence has a better chance of getting an approval than your appeal (for whatever reason) then this was the correct thing to do.

You should focus on getting the ILR application drafted correctly and ensuring that you gather all the necessary supporting evidence that you will need to submit with it. The key is not making a mistake in the drafting of the application and ensuring that you do not miss out any documentation. Make a list of your documents early. Collect and collate them. Revisit the draft list and consider any further documents that might improve it. Add them as necessary.

The facts you have state (no convictions, time inside UK) are consistent with an eligible application for ILR so the application will certainly be considered.

If the application is refused then you will be free to appeal it, or submit a further application for another category or visa, or a revised application for ILR correcting any omissions/errors that are made in the first application for ILR...

I hope, this clarifies...
Hi emran habib,

1.Could you ask your sollicitor whether you still have the "Right to Work" during the waiting time on the new application after withdrawing your appeal and submitting a fresh application? Bearing in mind that your previous leave would have expired many months ago.

2.Could you also ask him/her to confirm that you will still have the "Right of Appeal" if your ILR(LR) is refused and you voluntarily curtailed your Section 3C/3D by withdrawing your appeal and submit a fresh application.

3.Has any one he/she knows ever been granted the "Right to Work" and "Right of Appeal" after withdrawing an appeal and submitting a new applicaton?

4.It will be great if you could communicate those findings to this forum.

The Home Office guidance note says:

It is often not possible to decide an application for an extension of leave until after the
period of leave has expired. To prevent applicants from becoming overstayers
through no fault of their own, section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum
Act 2002 introduced an amended section 3C into the Immigration Act 1971. Section
3C automatically extends the leave of a person who has made an application for
further leave to remain during a period of extant leave. Technically, the leave is
"treated as continuing".

To benefit, a person must have existing leave to enter or remain at the time when
their valid application is made.
Section 3C then prevents such an applicant becoming
an overstayer during the period in which their application for a variation of leave
remains undecided and, thereafter, while an appeal against any refusal could be
brought or is pending.

To prevent people becoming overstayers while exercising a right of appeal against a
decision to curtail or to revoke leave to enter or remain, section 11 of the
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 added a section 3D to the Immigration
Act 1971. When leave to enter or remain is curtailed or revoked, section 3D extends
it while an appeal could be brought or is pending.

Have a look at the following link and look for Section 5:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter1/

I suspect that by withdrawing the appeal you no longer have valid leave to remain and therefore the "Right to Work". But again, I'm not a legal expert and your clarification + any validation from senior gurus from this forum will help build a better understanding and what to do.

Cheers,

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Dear friends,

I am about to apply for ilr on the 10 year basis but have a massive gap of 9 months (between August 2006-May 2007)

I came to the uk in february 2004 and my current visa is due to expire in September 2014. All visas were student visas. I have never been late with any applications nor been refused any visas.

Reason for the gap was that my college was harassing me for money and threatening to get me into trouble with home office (even though they didn't have any teachers and was just making money). I was still young and was stressed and depressed and when back home to my family. There I saw my family doctor who advised me not to go back any soon. Things got worse as my mom suffered a heart attack and this affected me more and was unable to return anytime soon. It's took me about 9 months to recover mentally and came back to Uk still having a valid visa.

I did change college and notified HO of this event when I applied for renewal which I got without any difficulty.

I need your input guys. Do you think they will consider this to be a valid reason for the gap. I have a letter from my family doctor outlining the events which led to this 9 months gap. I have spoken to a solicitor and he says it's 50-50. What are your thoughts guys?

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi guys
Just want to know whether ESOL awarded by EMD is accepted by UKBA ?
Is EMD an approved awarding body

Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

I think if you have valid proofs they will accept it .some thing same happen to my friend , she went home country for her mother death and then spend more then 6 month due to property exchange and other family circumstances and she got her ILR .

Taz_555 wrote:Dear friends,

I am about to apply for ilr on the 10 year basis but have a massive gap of 9 months (between August 2006-May 2007)

I came to the uk in february 2004 and my current visa is due to expire in September 2014. All visas were student visas. I have never been late with any applications nor been refused any visas.

Reason for the gap was that my college was harassing me for money and threatening to get me into trouble with home office (even though they didn't have any teachers and was just making money). I was still young and was stressed and depressed and when back home to my family. There I saw my family doctor who advised me not to go back any soon. Things got worse as my mom suffered a heart attack and this affected me more and was unable to return anytime soon. It's took me about 9 months to recover mentally and came back to Uk still having a valid visa.

I did change college and notified HO of this event when I applied for renewal which I got without any difficulty.

I need your input guys. Do you think they will consider this to be a valid reason for the gap. I have a letter from my family doctor outlining the events which led to this 9 months gap. I have spoken to a solicitor and he says it's 50-50. What are your thoughts guys?
ss

khani

Post by khani » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm

NEED HELP OF ANY EXPERT

I applied for permission to appeal against UT decision, today I received the decision and it was refused. I am completing my 10 years next week (total 10 years not 28 days before). I am allowed to make fresh application in any category within 28 days from this decision since I don't have removal order or A 47. My question is, Can I apply for ILR as fresh application or not ??? Isn't it 3c, 3d will end today if I dont go to COA and I will have 28 days to apply ILR after the expiry of leave under 3D. ???

Thanks

k79
Newly Registered

Post by k79 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

any good news from our September applicant brothers today??? :roll:

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi My timeline is
Application submitted- 20th September 2013
Acknowledgement received- 26th September
Bio invitation letter received- 22 November
Biometric Done- 22nd November
approval letter- waiting........
Documents/passports- waiting..........
BRP- waiting....................

Has anyone received approval letter, docs and BRP yet who submitted application within the same timeline. Your updated timeline would be much appreciated.

Thank you

dypstar
Newly Registered

Post by dypstar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Praise be to God. My ILR has been approved. My solicitor wrote a preaction protocol letter to HO pointing out the error they made. 13 days later, they replied acknowledging their mistake and then asked me to send my current BRP. Today I received approval letter, BRP on its way.

Thank you all for your responses and words of encouragement.
britbanker wrote:
dypstar wrote:I have been a silent reader of this board for some time now.

My ILR application was refused.
Time line:
Application Sent: 28 August 2003
Biometric: 16 Sept 2003
Refusal letter: 02 January 2014

My first entry visa was valid from 1 Sept 2003 to 31 Oct 2004. I applied for renewal on 30th Oct 2004 (a day before expiration) which was granted on 9 Dec 2004.

The only reason for refusal was that I submitted out of time application which wasn't actually the case. The visa on my passport clearly shows 31 Oct as the expiry date but the case worker didn't bother to check my visa page and just assumed that the visa expired on 1 Oct 2003!

Has anyone experienced this kind of mistake from HO?

I will appreciate any advice on how to get this resolve. HO email addresses, phone numbers etc will be appreciated.
Sorry to hear about your refusal, it must be terrible to wait so long only to be disappointed like this.

Could you clarify a few things please, as it wasn't immediately clear from your post-

1) Did the Home Office specifically state that you have been refused on the basis of an out of time application? and if so did they particularly state the first renewal that you mentioned above in your post?

2) You say the case worker assumed your visa expired on 1st Oct 2003, is that a typo.. assume you meant 1st Oct 2004?

3) Did you apply for a SAR file before your submitted your visa application?

4) What was your visa history? ie Student visa, PSW visa, Tier 1/2 visa etc

Cheers
Nik

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Congrats dypstar! Really glad to know that HO fixed their mistake! Can you tell us the approval date on the letter?
dypstar wrote:Praise be to God. My ILR has been approved. My solicitor wrote a preaction protocol letter to HO pointing out the error they made. 13 days later, they replied acknowledging their mistake and then asked me to send my current BRP. Today I received approval letter, BRP on its way.

Alexander12
Newly Registered

Post by Alexander12 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Pervins wrote:Hi My timeline is
Application submitted- 20th September 2013
Acknowledgement received- 26th September
Bio invitation letter received- 22 November
Biometric Done- 22nd November
approval letter- waiting........
Documents/passports- waiting..........
BRP- waiting....................

Has anyone received approval letter, docs and BRP yet who submitted application within the same timeline. Your updated timeline would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Pervins,
I have applied on the 30th and still waiting for a reply.
easy way to track the applications made is to accessing the skydrive on
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... BQehoK1huM

Most likely, you will receive a reply in a week or 2
keep faith!
A

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Thank you for your reply, yes it is must that we keep faith and hope.
Last edited by Pervins on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dypstar
Newly Registered

Post by dypstar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Application Sent: 28 August 2003
Biometric: 16 Sept 2003
Refusal letter: 02 January, 2014
Documents/passports: 02 January, 2014
Approval letter: 24 January, 2014
BRP: waiting........
meb4ne1 wrote:Congrats dypstar! Really glad to know that HO fixed their mistake! Can you tell us the approval date on the letter?
dypstar wrote:Praise be to God. My ILR has been approved. My solicitor wrote a preaction protocol letter to HO pointing out the error they made. 13 days later, they replied acknowledging their mistake and then asked me to send my current BRP. Today I received approval letter, BRP on its way.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi guys

I am wondering if someone can recommend me in a private message any good solicitor in London Area Please

That will be of great help.

Regards

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks for your reply SSWSZ. Really appreciate it.
SSWSZ wrote:I think if you have valid proofs they will accept it .some thing same happen to my friend , she went home country for her mother death and then spend more then 6 month due to property exchange and other family circumstances and she got her ILR .

Taz_555 wrote:Dear friends,

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Fantastic news dypstar, I was really gutted when I heard your story as it can happen to anyone of us. You've really made my day :)

Enjoy your well deserved freedom and all the best for the future!

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw