ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naz77

ILR for Spouse

Post by naz77 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Currently I'm on Tier 2 Gen and ILR due in a month. My dependents are on tier 2 dep . Is it possible for me to apply first get the ILR and my spouse apply it later after she finish her english and life in the uk tests etc.

Is it true that once I take the ILR then my dep loose the current tier 2 dep status ?

Pls advise.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR for Spouse

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm

I will explain you my situation and you will get the ans for your question .
Main applicant on tier 1 but got ILR as long residency .previous visa valid till February 2014 but applied for ILR in August 13 and got approval in dec 13. All the dependents still have valid tier 1 visa so never applied with main applicant. After getting ILR for main applicant we apply for kids registration and I myself is applying for ILR in February .hope this helps

naz77 wrote:Currently I'm on Tier 2 Gen and ILR due in a month. My dependents are on tier 2 dep . Is it possible for me to apply first get the ILR and my spouse apply it later after she finish her english and life in the uk tests etc.

Is it true that once I take the ILR then my dep loose the current tier 2 dep status ?

Pls advise.
ss

naz77

Post by naz77 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:42 pm

so u mean to say that even if i apply for ILR my spouse will still remain in the same status as tier 2 dependant and I can apply for her ILR before the expiry for tier 2 ?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Yes indeed if you are applying on set(lr) long residency then your dependent has to apply for flr(m) and then set(m) and you can do this before expiring dependent visa and it all depends if you fall under old or new rules .but you can ask senior members as well .this is what my situation and I learn from this forum.

naz77 wrote:so u mean to say that even if i apply for ILR my spouse will still remain in the same status as tier 2 dependant and I can apply for her ILR before the expiry for tier 2 ?
ss