ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under Tier-2 general visa can I work for any company or onl

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudeshkrisha
Newly Registered

Under Tier-2 general visa can I work for any company or onl

Post by sudeshkrisha » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi,

I’m making an application to tier-2 general visa, My sponsor says I can work for any company but payroll will be processed from them.

However I’m bit confused, I’ve seen some of the post where it says I can only work for the sponsor or to their client.

Can someone please advise can I work(do contract) to any company in UK under tier-2 general visa?

Many thanks in advance
Sudesh

onlooker

Re: Under Tier-2 general visa can I work for any company or

Post by onlooker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:34 pm

You can do contract work for other companies as long as it meets the criteria for "delivery of services" set by the Home Office. The official Tier 2 sponsor guidance sets these in broad theoretical terms (do Google the PDF.) What this would mean to you should be explained by your sponsor. If they have not taken care to do this, you might do it at your own risk, but don't be surprised when all of sudden they lose their license, and you - your job and visa.