ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility time period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sfhzaidi
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility time period

Post by sfhzaidi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello all,

This is my first ever post to immigration board. I have tried to look for an answer to this question but i was unable to do so. If this question has already been asked I apologise for the repetition and kindly guide me to the right thread.

Background:

I am currently applying for ILR under Tier 1 General. My immigration history is such that i first entered to UK in 29 November 2005 under Students visa, and after completion of my studies I left UK on 27 June 2008.

I then re entered UK on 23 April 2009 on a Tier 1 General visa which was stamped on 10 Febraury 2009, thus leaving a gap between the stamp and the entry to UK of roughly between 72 days. Now I have booked an in person appointment for 6 February 2014 which means that I had a continuous stay in the UK for 4 years 9 months and 17 days. My current Tier 1 visa is expiring on 28 February 2014.

Further research on this board has told me that I must have a continuous stay of 4 years 11 months before i m eligible to apply for SET O ILR. I am in a predicament as to what my options are now. I shall be grateful if you could answer the following questions :

1) Am I eligible to apply for ILR set O on 6 February 2014.

2) If not, do I have to apply for extension as Tier 1 and then wait for 2 more months before I could apply for ILR. Would my current appointment with Home Office , which is currently booked for ILR purpose need to be changed into Tier 1 appointment? If so, do they charge for it, or should I just turn up on 6 February 2014 and submit the Tier 1 extension application.

3) Are there any other solutions which could save me time and money. I have a wedding to attend abroad, which I must attend.

Once again, I shall be grateful for your help.

Thank you.

pinkpop

Re: ILR Eligibility time period

Post by pinkpop » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:35 pm

You are ok As you have sent five years in the uk under the 90 days rule.

sfhzaidi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Eligibility time period

Post by sfhzaidi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks a ton for your prompt and positive response. Thanks