ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approval - Documents Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPQueries

HSMP Approval - Documents Required

Post by HSMPQueries » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:12 pm

I am in the process of applying for my HSMP approval in the next few weeks. Just to give you a quick background; I am making my application from India, have a B.Com Degree from Mumbai University, under 27 years of age, salary for any 12 months in the last 15 months is greater than £7,500.

Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if the documents mentioned below are sufficient for a successful application:

Age (20 Points):
Original Birth Certificate (My name is not mentioned on it, only my Parents names on hospitals letterhead);
Notarized copy of front and last page of my passport.

Education (30 Points):
Original copy of my degree.

Earnings (45 Points):
Original Tax Returns (1st April 2006 - 31st March 2007) (Not sure if this qualifies within the 15 month time frame);
Original Bank Statement + online bank statement (1st April 2006 - 1st July 2007);
Letter from employer stating month by month gross and net salary break-up;
Wage slips for the same period (these are NOT stamped or signed).

English Language Requirement:
Original Degree;
Letter from Mumbai University stating that my taught program was in English Language;
Transcripts.

Do I need a NARIC certification?

Besides these documents I intend to send a covering letter with my form.

Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there is anything I missed out or if any additional documents would help make my case stronger. Also, what is the average processing time from the date the application is received by the HSMP office to the time you receive your approval letter in hand?

Cheers!!!

apeterso925

Re: HSMP Approval - Documents Required

Post by apeterso925 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Unfortunately, now that it is July, you can no longer use April 2006 as part of your pay period. I applied using March 2006 and the HO me told my application had to be received by the end of May in order for March to count. So using that logic, yours would have had to be in by the end of June. Hopefully you can use a more recent period?

Also, your degree must be the actual original - probably has a raised seal or something?

Are your wage slips on official company paper? If they're just on regular paper, they need to be signed (and also preferably stamped).

As for the timeline, it seems to vary greatly...go to www.trackitt.com to see many examples. My app was approved exactly 2 weeks after the fee was debited, or 9 (calendar) days after my ref # was received.

Amy
HSMPQueries wrote:I am in the process of applying for my HSMP approval in the next few weeks. Just to give you a quick background; I am making my application from India, have a B.Com Degree from Mumbai University, under 27 years of age, salary for any 12 months in the last 15 months is greater than £7,500.

Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if the documents mentioned below are sufficient for a successful application:

Age (20 Points):
Original Birth Certificate (My name is not mentioned on it, only my Parents names on hospitals letterhead);

Education (30 Points):

Earnings (45 Points):
Original Tax Returns (1st April 2006 - 31st March 2007) (Not sure if this qualifies within the 15 month time frame);
Original Bank Statement + online bank statement (1st April 2006 - 1st July 2007);

Original Degree;
Letter from Mumbai University stating that my taught program was in English Language;
Transcripts.

Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there is anything I missed out or if any additional documents would help make my case stronger. Also, what is the average processing time from the date the application is received by the HSMP office to the time you receive your approval letter in hand?

Cheers!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:09 am

A birth certificate not bearing your name, may not work!! Get a new one issued with your name on it, if possible.

Best regards,

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am

Dear Friends,

I am on the verge of completing my documents for the EC application but I am not able to understand what kind of proof we have to submit to prove that my skill is in demand or i can get a job within short time.

I mean when we search a job on the website and find the vacancies suiting our skills then what next ?.........we should take the print out of that ? IF yes then how many job postings we have to show in hard copy ?

I hope you friends understood my query and help me with your reply.

Thanks in advance
mohan

stalwart
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP Approval - Documents Required

Post by stalwart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 am

Yes, thats true. You need to calculate from the date it is received at HO.

Pls any of you have standard covering letter for initial HSMP approval. Thanks.
HSMPQueries wrote:I am in the process of applying for my HSMP approval in the next few weeks. Just to give you a quick background; I am making my application from India, have a B.Com Degree from Mumbai University, under 27 years of age, salary for any 12 months in the last 15 months is greater than £7,500.

Age (20 Points):

Education (30 Points):

Earnings (45 Points):

Original Degree;
Transcripts.

Cheers!!!

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Thank you all for your sharing your views.

Amy,
I would be looking at sending all bank statements and wage slips from 1st April 2006 till 1st July 2007. I am trying to arrange a letter from my bank stating the amount credited to my account on a month by month basis (this would be my net income). My employer has also agreed to provide me a letter with my salary break-up. I would send the tax return as well just in-case. Sounds good?

My degree is laminated and it has a raised stamp as well as the vice chancellors signature.

Anyone have an idea if a B.Com from Mumbai University would require a NARIC certification?

Thank you all for all your help.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Push_HSMP,

I would try to get a new copy made. Not sure of the process. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I could just send a notarized copy of my details page from my passport as being without a license indefinitely does not seem like an option.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Well,

As I stated earlier: my understanding from what the HO told me is that now that it is July 2007, your pay period cannot include any dates prior to May 1, 2006...so April 2006 is no longer a valid month.

But in general, do your statements not show each deposit on the day it was deposited? I wouldn't think you'd need a letter from your bank further clarifying that. But the employer letter is definitely a good idea.

It sounds like your degree is "official" as far as the HO is concerned, so that should be good. I don't have any advice on NARIC, unfortunately.

Amy
HSMPQueries wrote:Thank you all for your sharing your views.

Amy,
I would be looking at sending all bank statements and wage slips from 1st April 2006 till 1st July 2007. I am trying to arrange a letter from my bank stating the amount credited to my account on a month by month basis (this would be my net income). My employer has also agreed to provide me a letter with my salary break-up. I would send the tax return as well just in-case. Sounds good?

My degree is laminated and it has a raised stamp as well as the vice chancellors signature.

Anyone have an idea if a B.Com from Mumbai University would require a NARIC certification?

Thank you all for all your help.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Amy,

Thanks for clarifying that. My bank statements are pretty clear in stating the date the salary go in along with my employer name. However, it is pretty bulky and only has my net income as opposed to my gross income for which I am claiming.

Thanks again.
Rahul

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:57 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:However, it is pretty bulky and only has my net income as opposed to my gross income for which I am claiming.
It is my understanding that the HSMP caseworker will look at the "net pay" section of your wage slip and cross-reference that "net pay" amount with the amount that shows on your bank statement as deposited by your employer for the same month.

Your wage slips show gross and net amounts, don't they?

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:00 pm

Ball1333,

My wage slip has a break up by Net & Gross. Just thought would make it easier if I provided additional documentary evidence of my gross income.

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:14 pm

Rahul,

Sorry, I should explain what I mean better. By all means feel free to provide your bank statements. I was just trying to explain how the HSMP caseworker can reconcile the net amounts (bank statements) to corroborate the gross amount (what you are claiming in your application).

Your last message mentioned the difference between the net amounts that show on your bank statements vs. the gross amount that you are claiming. Your statement made me think perhaps you were confused about how the HSMP caseworker can use bank statements (which show net income) to substantiate gross income (which you claim on your application). I was just trying to explain the process that the HSMP caseworker can use.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Ball1333,

I appreciate your inputs. At this stage am pretty confused if the documents I intend to provide are sufficient or if I need to include some other documentation.

Dont want to reach a state where I feel some additional documents may have helped make my case stronger.

Thanks for your inputs. Any such thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!
Rahul

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:17 am

Re the dates, the HSMP team may not have been entirely consistent on the dates that they were willing to count as the 15 month period. While I think that to take the advice drawn from Amy's conversation with the HSMP team, is to be cautious, I would say that they have been known to count a broader time period. For instance, my income period claimed was 1 Jan 06 - 31 Dec 06, and my application arrived at Sheffield on 29 March 07, and was received by the HSMP team on 2 April 07. And that seemed to be fine (since I was approved). In addition, I think dearamitg on this board (or on trackitt) indicated that he used the same period and submitted his (now successful) application in mid-April.

This latitude may well be granted when one of the income-verification documents is the relevant tax return.

What is the point of sending bank statements and payslips from April-June 07 if you are not going to claim that period of income ? Either you choose a later period for income (which would not be completely covered by the tax return) + bank statements, or you use the tax year + wageslips. But don't give it all and expect them to work it out - they ask you to select a period and document earnings in that period, and that's exactly what you should do. But don't snowball them; that can't look very good at all.

AG

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm

Gordon,

You are right, I guess I will just send in my proofs for the the period June 2006 - June 2007.

Since my tax returns would not be sufficient for that period, I guess I will send in my wage slips, bank statements and letter from my employer. My wage slip does not have a stamp or signature, its pretty much like an internet statement.

Please let me know if you feel this evidence would be sufficient?

Rahul

cdraina

photograph

Post by cdraina » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:51 pm

One quick question please:

Do we need to attach any photographs with the HSMP application?

Thanks
CD

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:05 pm

HSMPqueries
What you're submitting sounds fine for 1 June 06 - 31 May 07 (twelve months), but re: the payslips: are they originals or printouts from online ? If they're original, submit them as they are, although if there's any fear that the originals otherwise look like online printouts, then get them stamped and signed.

cdraina
No need to submit photographs for the initial application; national origin, I suspect, is sufficient for any profiling that they might want to undertake. :)

AG

ball1333

Re: photograph

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:13 pm

cdraina wrote:One quick question please: Do we need to attach any photographs with the HSMP application?
Further to gordon's comment, you need photos for the EC application, which you make after receiving HSMP approval.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks Gordon.

My employer has mentioned that they would not be comfortable stamping and signing my wage slips. However, they have agreed to give me a letter on the company (Citigroup) letterhead stating my month by month salary break-up.

Another quick question, do I need to write my HSMP form in black ink or can I type out everything on the computer?

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Another thing, my wage slip is slightly different from the regular wage slips. I get a cumulative wage slip for the financial year. There are 12 columns for each financial month (April - March). At the end of each month, the corresponding months details are filled. So essentially, I would only be providing 2 wage slips, 1 with details for April, May and June 2007 and another with my salary details from April 2006 - March 2007.

There is no way to segregate the 12 months (June 2006 - 07). Do you think this could pose as a potential problem?

!xobile
Newly Registered

previous earning evidence

Post by !xobile » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 am

Hello,

I am applying through a consultant in bangalore(since I wasnt aware of this forum and also HSMP rules properly at that time).
I have all the documents required for all points section.

In the previous earning section.
I have got the payslips for the previous 12 months and an experience letter from the employer(No salary details on the letter).
Form16 and SARAL for assessment year 06-07.
bank statements showing salary credit entry with the Employeers name.

But my consultant told me that He is aware of a case where the an applicant got nil points since his paylips had the financial year mentioned at the top of the page and not next to the month for which the payslip is.
My payslip looks similar. Now as you all know we generate the payslips using the Workflow ourselves and there is noway we can change the format.

I requested HR dept to give me a letter on the company letter head, with the salary breakup for the last year.
Ofcourse I did not tell them the purpose for obvious reasons.
For which they refused saying that they donot disclose salary information formally on a company letter head.
They can max give me an experience letter, and they said they can speak through phone or in person If any entity wanted such a proof.

Now I am not sure what to do in this situation.
Please advise.

Regards
!xobile

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 am

All you will need to do is to explain that the tax year is not the same as the period being claimed for earnings, and then submit the payslips and the bank statements relevant to the period that you are using. I'm not sure what is meant by your statement that '[you] generate the payslips using the Workflow' but if that means that they are printed from an online system, then you'll want to ask your employer/HR rep to sign and stamp the printouts. AG

!xobile
Newly Registered

previous earnings evidence

Post by !xobile » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 am

Hello,

I am applying through a consultant in bangalore(since I wasnt aware of this forum and also HSMP rules properly at that time).
I have all the documents required for all points section.

In the previous earning section.
I have got the payslips for the previous 12 months and an experience letter from the employer(No salary details on the letter).
Form16 and SARAL for assessment year 06-07.
bank statements showing salary credit entry with the Employeers name.

But my consultant told me that He is aware of a case where the an applicant got nil points since his paylips had the financial year mentioned at the top of the page and not next to the month for which the payslip is.
My payslip looks similar. Now as you all know we generate the payslips using the Workflow ourselves and there is noway we can change the format.

I requested HR dept to give me a letter on the company letter head, with the salary breakup for the last year.
Ofcourse I did not tell them the purpose for obvious reasons.
For which they refused saying that they donot disclose salary information formally on a company letter head.
They can max give me an experience letter, and they said they can speak through phone or in person If any entity wanted such a proof.

Now I am not sure what to do in this situation.
Please advise.

cdraina

My Application

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 am

Hi friends,

Here's my covering letter.

Application sent on 4th July.
Status (UPS): In transit

I haven't sent any Salary/taxation Grid, is that really required. Any one who has an approval without the Grid PLEASE reply to boost my confidence.

!!!Fingers crossed!!!

To,
Highly Skilled Migrants Programme,
HSMP Team,
Immigration and Nationality Directorate,
Work Permits (UK) HSMP,
7th Floor, Fountain Precinct,
Balm Green, Sheffield,
S1 2JA

1st July 2007

Dear HSMP Team,

SUBJECT: Application for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

This letter is with reference to my enclosed application for the UK Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). To assist my application assessment, I am explaining the evidences I am providing for the ‘points’ I have claimed.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you may have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me on:

Ph: XXXX Email: XXXX

Enclosures

1. Academic Qualifications: (For 35 Points Claim)
a. Original Degree Certificate stating that a Master of Business Administration (MBA) was awarded by “Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

2. Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (For 30 Points Claim)

I have claimed 30 points for the gross income (INR XXXX or about GBP XXX+) earned by me from September 27th 2006 to March 31st 2007. As per annexure C of HSMP guidelines I am providing the following evidences:

a. Income Tax Return (ITR) for financial year 1-April-2006 to 31-March-2007. Please note that the actual period of earning (employment) covered under this
ITR was 27th September 2006 to 31-March-2007.
b. Wage Slips from October-2006 to March-2007 (covering the entire amount mentioned in the ITR)
c. Certificate of earning from my employer (XXXX)

3. Age Assessment: (For 20 Points Claim)
a. Indian Driving License

4. English Language:
a. Original TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) Scorecard/Transcript
b. Document supporting the claim that TOEFL score is recognized by Home Office as equivalent to IELTS 6

Total Points Claimed – 85 Points

Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to your valuable feedback.

Yours truly,

XXXXX

rocky

SAME QUERY AS URS

Post by rocky » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi
My first query is the same as that of urs.I wud b applying for HSMP in August.