ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 (ESV) TO ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dcb1982
Newly Registered

TIER 2 (ESV) TO ILR

Post by Dcb1982 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry - posted on the wrong board!

Hi All

Really hoping someone can help me with this...

I am posting on behalf of my husband, I am a British Citizen, he is a New Zealander. He has been in the UK for almost 5 years on a Tier 2 employer sponsored visa (his visa runs out on March 14th). Since he has been here we have married. He has been in the same job with the same company since he has been here and intends to stay doing the same job for the same company (they are going to write him a letter to go with his application to confirm this).

Our questions are:

1) We are going to apply for ILR using the form SET (O) is this correct?
2) When he came here he remembers having his biometrics done (in Auckland) but he has no proof of this and doesn't have the receipt or anything, would he need to have this done again before we apply or do you apply and then get them done? Can anyone advise of the costs?
3) As he's from an English speaking country we gather he doesn't have to complete a 'Life in the UK' test, please can someone confirm?
4) Lastly we are thinking of paying the extra and going to our local office (Cardiff) to get this processed in person. Does anyone have any pointers about doing it this way? Would you recommend it?

Many thanks in advance

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: TIER 2 (ESV) TO ILR

Post by iworker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 pm

1 Yes
2. Biometrics are done each time u apply for a visa and its fee is included in the visa processing fee.
3. yes
4. click on the link below and follow the link on the left hand side of the page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/