ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tormguard
Newly Registered

Language requirement

Post by tormguard » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 am

Hi,

I am wondering about the language requirement for naturalisation as a British citizen.

I am currently undertaking my first Bachelors of Maths degree in an established UK university.
I also did my GCSEs and A-levels in the UK, securing grade A*s in AQA GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature. I got grade As in my science-based A-levels too.

My GCSEs, A-levels and my current degree are all taught in English. Do I still need to have an additional "speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification" ? I am confused because GCSEs and Alevels are not included in the Home Office's new approved tests as shown here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Thanks in advance :)

Just Wondering

Re: Language requirement

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:36 am

Well done on your academic achievements.

Unfortunately GCSEs and A-levels are not recognized to satisfy the language requirement for the purpose of naturalization.

tormguard
Newly Registered

Post by tormguard » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, that's annoying :x - this means I will have to pay additional exam + travel fees for getting this qualification. The October 2013 law really needs to be further reviewed and modified for possible situations like mine.

However, thanks a lot for your reply, 'Just Wondering' :)

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Where do i stand..

I have done BSC computer sciences from Pakistan and have Btec level diploma which gave me points when i applied Tier 1 back in 2010 but not showing points any more on ukba calculator.

I was studying South bank university for MA BUsiness & Management but could not finish my dissertation and they have awarded me credit hours so all i have to submit dissertation to qualify for the degree.

In this scenario how can i satisfy the english language requirement.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I am applying for Naturalisation.

While I was on Work Permit, I had visa extensions.

I have 2 letters from UKBA (one dated 03 Nov 2010 and one dated 25 Jul 2012) states that I was awarded 10 points for English Language.

Do I still need additional documents / proofs ?

Thanks