ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor for my mother refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knatarajan
Newly Registered

Family Visitor for my mother refused

Post by knatarajan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi,

I was planning to bring my mom to UK, who wants to help us, as we are expecting our first child. I got a return ticket for my mother and attached with the application. I provided all the documents from my side as a sponsor. In the application it was mentioned that my father supports my mother and provided his bank statement for financial proof. My father is a small edible oil merchant, however the business is mostly cash and carry. He uses the bank account not very much. There is an asset in his name. However we failed to submit the asset documentation for the application.

My mother's visa was refused. The reasons stated are as follows

"You have submitted travel tickets and Bank statement in support of your application. you state that you are supported by you husband. You provided no evidence of source of your husband's income and without such evidence I am not satisfied that your husband receives a regular income with which to support you.
You submitted bank statement as evidence of financial circumstances showing a balance of 66,000. All but Rs. 8,000 has been entered only few weeks back. This doesn't correspond with the financial information provided and the history of the account. I am not satisfied Rs.66,000 is genuinely available to you and as such I am not satisfied you have the available funds to cover the costs of trip.
You clam that the cost to your personally for this trip is £1,000, but bank statements provided demonstrate you have only £658.24 available to you. Given that I am not satisfied that Rs.66000 shown in your bank statement is available to you or you have funds available to cover cost of your trip and travel.
I am not satisfied you presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances in India which leads me to doubt your intentions in UK. I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied."

1. I mentioned the 1000£ as "Cost to you personally for this trip" - Should I have not mentioned this?
2. Given my father is doing business - what ways can the income be proved ? ( He doesn't file his tax return in India )
3. My father's assets are not provided as supporting document as it was not included in the VFS appointment. If I attach this document while re-applying, will it help?
4. I have a younger brother who is also working with my father in the business. There is a deposit of Rs. 1 Lakh in his name. Can I include he is also supporting my mother ( he is actually supporting both of them ).

Please help me with any information that would be useful for me to reapply and secure Visa for my mother successfully.

Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visitor for my mother refused

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:13 pm

First of all sorry to hear that your mother visa was refused.
Which country visa u applied UK or some other country???? Pardon me but 66000 rupees is very low money to show to get the visa. even 1 lakh
yes u did a mistake u said in the application that cost of trip will be 1000 pound and provide 658 pound statement. Big mistake.
1. Put at least 6 lakh in her account or your father account and than mention 1000 pound cost.
2. No answer for this one as not paying tax.
3.U need to show property deeds, assests, on your father name. Better if ur father apply as well with your mother. if he doesn't want to come than no worries but he should apply with your mom than chances r good to get the visa.
4. Put at least 6 lakhs and do some transactions, get at least 4 months bank statement and than apply.

Hope u will get good answer this time.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

knatarajan
Newly Registered

Post by knatarajan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Thank you very much for a detailed reply Zee Ali. It looks like there is no quick way available at the moment. I shall try it as per your advice.

ADR_Challenge
Newly Registered

Post by ADR_Challenge » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi, I thought this information could be useful. I hope it is helpful!

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) is currently undertaking research, funded by the Strategic Legal Fund (SLF), to investigate the impact the July 2012 family immigration rule regarding Adult Dependent Relatives is having on families in the UK, with the ultimate aim of launching a legal challenge
As a result of the rule changes, it is now near impossible for British residents and citizens to bring a non-EEA adult relative who is dependent on them for care to live with them in the UK.
From our initial contact with families we have found that, as a result of this rule, children are being denied important contact with grandparents, families are struggling to cope with the joint burden of childcare and remittances sent to elderly relatives abroad, and many families are facing tough decisions about whether to relocate in order to care for their elderly relatives, thereby uprooting their lives in the UK. For more information about the immigration rules and our research, please see our website: http://jcwi.org.uk/policy/adult-dependent-relatives
We want to hear from affected families, in order to put together a research document that highlights the plight this rule is causing. Please download a questionnaire from our website, or get in touch by emailing adr@jcwi.org.uk
We are organising public meetings across the UK (Birmingham, Edinburgh and London) in order to reach out to affected families, providing them with information about the rule changes, as well as advice and information about our research and how we aim to challenge this Immigration Rule.

The next meeting is tomorrow, 30 January 2014 at Usurp Art Gallery in Harrow, starting at 6pm email adr@jcwi.org.uk if you would like to attend.
Our follwing meetings will be held in:
Edinburgh 20th Febuary 2014, Quaker Meeting House
London, 27th February 2014, Whitechapel

Charlotte Peel