ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT CERTIFICATION ISSUE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

PASSPORT CERTIFICATION ISSUE

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi fellows,

I plan to submit the original ID Card of my wife (EEA national) along with the plain copy of passport as she is in UK. I believe ID Card alone can satisfy the application requirement, but we want to show passport copy because some supporting evidences of our relationship contains only her Passport number and Name not the ID card number. Instead of going to embassy or the issuing authority do I have a choice in my case to submit plain copy or a notarised copy of passport NOT issuing authority or embassy certified.

Please please help me.

alan247
Newly Registered

Re: PASSPORT CERTIFICATION ISSUE

Post by alan247 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

shark_tank007 wrote:Hi fellows,

I plan to submit the original ID Card of my wife (EEA national) along with the plain copy of passport as she is in UK. I believe ID Card alone can satisfy the application requirement, but we want to show passport copy because some supporting evidences of our relationship contains only her Passport number and Name not the ID card number. Instead of going to embassy or the issuing authority do I have a choice in my case to submit plain copy or a notarised copy of passport NOT issuing authority or embassy certified.

Please please help me.
the ID alone is enough....mind you everything hv to be original not a copy...

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 pm

alan247 wrote:
shark_tank007 wrote:Hi fellows,

Please please help me.
the ID alone is enough....mind you everything hv to be original not a copy...
Thanks for reply Alan, but on UKBA site its mentioned that certified copy of passport can be submitted as I have quoted below, Do you disagree with this?

Thanks

"The EEA national's original passport or identity card, or if this cannot be provided (for example, because the EEA national is already in the UK) a copy of the EEA national's passport or identity card, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country in which they are resident or present at the time of application"

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Can anyone end my confusion please? :(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 pm

The EEA national's original passport or identity card,
I think that is self-explanatory.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Amber_ wrote:
The EEA national's original passport or identity card,
I think that is self-explanatory.
Yes Amber... I was just thinking that how will they verify the passport number on so many supporting documents that contains NAME of EEA national and PASSPORT NUMBER but not the ID card number. e.g. visa page to my home country, Boarding passes, Marriage certificate etc. ?

Would love a bit more help from you :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Then also supply a notarized copy of the passport. Which will show a corresponding DOB and name. Although, remember the caseworker only has to be satisfied on the balance of probabilities not beyond reasonable doubt.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Amber_ wrote:Then also supply a notarized copy of the passport. Which will show a corresponding DOB and name. Although, remember the caseworker only has to be satisfied on the balance of probabilities not beyond reasonable doubt.
Thanks for quick reply Amber :)

sorry for my less understanding of legal language. But when you say Notarized it means I can go to any Notary in my country of residence and get it certified. I'm sure you are not talking about certification from Embassy or authority who issued passport?

Thanks again.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:37 pm

I would suspect a certification from the Embassy would be most appropriate if not in the UK. However, as it is in addition to the original ID card, I would surmise that any notary public in your Country could do this.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank alot Amber for your prompt replies :) 8)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 pm

You may find that a normal photocopy will do just fine.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You may find that a normal photocopy will do just fine.
I actually agree with you, because I had already fulfilled their requirement by providing original ID card which contains full name and DOB. Rest if they have doubt they can verify themselves as all info in the world is based on these two elements, name and DOB.

But as Amber said Notary Public is something extra we can do, to present copy of passport as 'true'.

Thank you very much EUsmileWEallsmile :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 am

Which application are you making? EEA Family Permit from abroad or a 5 years Residence card using form EEa2 within the UK?

For the former, a photocopy of the passport is enough. If you provide an original ID that's enough. For the latter, photocopies are not accepted. Only originals (such as ID or passport).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 am

Jambo wrote:Which application are you making? EEA Family Permit from abroad or a 5 years Residence card using form EEa2 within the UK?

For the former, a photocopy of the passport is enough. If you provide an original ID that's enough. For the latter, photocopies are not accepted. Only originals (such as ID or passport).
Thanks for reply Jambo :) mine is the former case (EEA-FP from abroad)

Thanks to all of you my confusion has ended. I needed your advice as in my case it is hard for my wife (EEA) to either visit Embassy in UK or visit the issuing authority. So with all your expert opinion I breathe a sigh of relief 8)

Cheers all! :D