ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP past 28 day window

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP past 28 day window

Post by sweetpea35 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi everyone,

Help!

My work permit employment ended on June 5th. I am applying for an HSMP through an agency, but they are suggesting I apply for the HSMP as an "out of country" applicant, since today is the end of the 28 days. I have not received a letter from the Home Office yet, and I am still awaiting my last paycheque from my former employer.

I'm really frustrated because I pushed people in the States to send me all the required documents and had to have things notarized, etc. etc. and the agency has had my documents for 3 days now.

Do you recommend that I:

a.) book a trip to Paris and re-enter on a tourist visa (out-of-country application)?
b.) apply as an in-country application and don't worry about the 2 or 3 days as an overstayer?
c.) I don't know what option c would be.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi SweetPea35

Option B is ruled out.
I am not sure as to how option A will work out as I am not aware of the complexities involved in re-entering using a tourist visa.

With regard to the option 'C' which will be apply as an out-of-country applicant is the best option. Which means you will have to get back to your home country and apply.

This way you are sure you are not going to have any issues (provided you get your approval)

Sr members can advise of any other method(s).

Cheers
PG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Well I hope you don't have to pay them at this point. Get your documents back and scram, you don't need an drama for an overstay

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:06 am

I dont think the stay will be a problem......

the 28 days comes into picture only if the home office sends you a letter confirming that "you lost the job from so and so company and thus your leave to remain duration is reduced..........."

Moreover your employer should have sent the letter to home office saying that your employement ended prematurely (if you lost your job in the middle of your tenure)....

moreover when you said
your work permit employement ended on June 5th.......
does it means, its only the employment you lost and you still got leave to remain or you crossed the leave to remain period which was mentioned in your passport.........can you say for what that 28 days threshold.....

good luck