ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer ILR visa to new passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alibinshad

Transfer ILR visa to new passport

Post by alibinshad » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Dear All ,
My mother got older dependant visa (indefinite leave to remain). Home office put the passport expiry date on a visa page as a visa expiry date. I just renewed my mother passport and would like to know:
- Do I need to transfer current ILR visa to the new passport?
- Do you think expiry date on visa can confuse immigration officers?
I checked home office website my understanding is its need to be transferred on NTL document and cost is £145 which is quite expensive only to transfer visa.
If my understanding is wrong please advise me what to do?
Thanks.

vinny

Re: Transfer ILR visa to new passport

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks Vinny,
I checked the condition transfer fee which is £147. It is quite high and unfair if she already got ILR.?
Do we really need to transfer visa ? is there any complexity while she is traveling in future?
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:31 am

In my opinion, the transfer of an ILR/ILE to a new passport is optional, assuming the airlines know what an ILR/ILE is.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks Vinney,
Very helpful information and deciding not to transfer visa just carry both passport and may be the print out from the home office website about the expiry date on the ILR/ILE visa.
Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 pm

If she hasn't initially entered the UK on the ILE visa, then she should enter before its expiry date to activate it. Once it has been activated, then she is subject to the returning residence provisions.

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:08 pm

She got her elderly dependent visa(ILR/ILE) in 2011 and she has been travelled abroad for short visits. Now she got new passport and I hope her next visit to abroad should not cause any problem.?

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:43 am

Alibinshad
Can u please recommend any solicitor for older dependant settlement application,
I ll be really thankful
Kind Regards

Ali

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 am

alibinshad wrote:She got her elderly dependent visa(ILR/ILE) in 2011 and she has been travelled abroad for short visits. Now she got new passport and I hope her next visit to abroad should not cause any problem.?
I obtained ILR in 2010. My passport expired in July 2013. From then, I just travelled with my old and new passport without issue. The Border Officer puts in the usual stamp in my new passport and writes VIPP (Visa in Previous Passport).

She must ensure that she travels with both passports. If she fails to travel with the old passport (with ILR/ILE) then the Border Officer will issue her with a visitor's stamp which will cancel her ILR/ILE. Or worse - won't admit her to enter. If there is a chance she'll forget it - it might be worth forking out the 147 GBP.

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:09 am

Hi JW,
Its really helpful information specially about granting visitor visa in absence of old passport and cancelation of old visa. These are new information for me. I am going to be careful and make sure her both passport are staple.
Regards

Riz2727
Newly Registered

Re: Transfer ILR visa to new passport with new nationality

Post by Riz2727 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Dear Member,

I have ILR since June 2014 and have a BRP card. I have been a Pakistani National, however recently I am getting Nationality of another country outside UK (Country of my Birth) which would mean I will have to give up my Pakistani Nationality.

Can someone advise if I get the new Nationality now (I will not have my Pakistani passport) how will it affect my ILR as it says at the back - Pakistan.

Also how will I enter UK, will I be allowed to travel to UK on my new passport ? Please let me know the process involved.

Thank you

Regards

Riz

366omar
Newly Registered

Re: Transfer ILR visa to new passport with new nationality

Post by 366omar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Riz2727 wrote:Dear Member,

I have ILR since June 2014 and have a BRP card. I have been a Pakistani National, however recently I am getting Nationality of another country outside UK (Country of my Birth) which would mean I will have to give up my Pakistani Nationality.

Can someone advise if I get the new Nationality now (I will not have my Pakistani passport) how will it affect my ILR as it says at the back - Pakistan.

Also how will I enter UK, will I be allowed to travel to UK on my new passport ? Please let me know the process involved.

Thank you

Regards

Good evenings

Now I have the same problem
I have the NTLS on my own Cuban passport expire , so in December 2008 the law change and people with Spanish decent can apply for Spain nationality..
Now I have to valid passport one Cuban other Spain ...can I transfer my NTLS ? Don't mind which passport ..
Regards

Omar

Riz

tura
Newly Registered

Post by tura » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi I have indefinite leave to enter but it has expired because my passport has expired. Now I got a new pasports and I want to travel soon can carry both passports won't I have problems on the valid date on the visa in old passport.