ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran1805
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Post by imran1805 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi,

My employer applied for a Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff) and I came to the UK on 19th March 2011(the validity of the visa started on 7th March 2011).
The Visa is now up for renewal in March this year and I will be submitting it.

I need to know:
1. Whether I can get ILR on this visa and if so, how?
2. Is there a limit to the number of years I can stay in the UK on this visa?
3. For how many years can my visa be extended?
4. When my Visa gets renewed in March this year, under what category will it be renewed, established staff or Long term?
5. My wife is a dependant, joined me in Nov 2011 and her Visa reflects Tier2 ICT Long term staff partner does this make any difference as I am the main applicant?
Also, my daughter who was born in the UK in May 2012, is a dependant, her Visa reflects PBS dependant leave to remain, how will this affect us?

Would really appreciate your response so we can have some clarity and plan forward.
Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Post by manci » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am

imran1805 wrote:Hi,

My employer applied for a Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff) and I came to the UK on 19th March 2011(the validity of the visa started on 7th March 2011).
The Visa is now up for renewal in March this year and I will be submitting it.

I need to know:
1. Whether I can get ILR on this visa and if so, how?
you are not eligible for ILR on the 5 year route as your T2 ICT leave did not include a period before 6 April 2010 but under current rules you will be eligible for ILR on the 10 year route (long residence) if you stay in the UK that long

2. Is there a limit to the number of years I can stay in the UK on this visa
you can extend your leave as many times as you wish provided your sponsor wants to continue employing you

3. For how many years can my visa be extended?
two years or the period of engagement whichever the shorter

4. When my Visa gets renewed in March this year, under what category will it be renewed, established staff or Long term?
T2 ICT Long Term Staff

5. My wife is a dependant, joined me in Nov 2011 and her Visa reflects Tier2 ICT Long term staff partner does this make any difference as I am the main applicant?
her visa will also need to be extended

Also, my daughter who was born in the UK in May 2012, is a dependant, her Visa reflects PBS dependant leave to remain, how will this affect us?
her visa will also need to be extended (unless she is not planning to travel)

Would really appreciate your response so we can have some clarity and plan forward.
Thank you.
Last edited by manci on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

imran1805
Newly Registered

Post by imran1805 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 am

Many thanks Manci for your response. This definitely gives me a lot of clarity and plan ahead.

Just a further clarification to my 1st and 2nd question on ILR.

My employer/sponsor doesn't have any issue in extending this each year / renew every 2 years with a new Cos and you've mentioned that i can extend my leave as many times as I wish provided my sponsor wants to continue employing me.

Since I am not eligible for the 5 year ILR route, will i be eligible to 10 year long residence route if I stay in the UK that long (April 2021)?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 am

see edited post above

imran1805
Newly Registered

Post by imran1805 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi Manci,

Hope you're well.

This is a follow on from my earlier query. With the recent changes in the Tier 2 ICT Established staff is this going to impact my case? Does it change any circumstances for me?

My status
Tier 2 - ICT - Long Term
Expires Mar 2017 but will get renewed again. I am assuming for another 3 years
Came to UK on 19th March 2011 with Tier 2 ICT Established Staff

If I continue to get the renewal till i reach 10 years in UK which is 2021 , will i still be able to do ILR on the 10 year route (long residence).

Thank you.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 pm

imran1805 wrote:Hi Manci,

Hope you're well.

This is a follow on from my earlier query. With the recent changes in the Tier 2 ICT Established staff is this going to impact my case? Does it change any circumstances for me?
What recent change are you trying to quote?

My status
Tier 2 - ICT - Long Term
Expires Mar 2017 but will get renewed again. I am assuming for another 3 years
Came to UK on 19th March 2011 with Tier 2 ICT Established Staff

If I continue to get the renewal till i reach 10 years in UK which is 2021 , will i still be able to do ILR on the 10 year route (long residence).

Thank you.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

imran1805
Newly Registered

Post by imran1805 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Poper,

This is where i read https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... orker-visa
Please see this section: in Bold below ( so my question was , has this changed from earlier, or can i still go go 10 years long term residency.

How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa for up to the maximum stay allowed for your visa type, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus one month, whichever is shorter.

The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:

Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300 per year): 9 years
Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300 per year): 5 years, 1 month
Graduate Trainee: 12 months
Short-term Staff: 12 months
Skills Transfer: 6 months
Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK for the maximum time allowed for your visa type.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm

imran1805 wrote:Poper,

This is where i read https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... orker-visa
Please see this section: in Bold below ( so my question was , has this changed from earlier, or can i still go go 10 years long term residency.

How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa for up to the maximum stay allowed for your visa type, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus one month, whichever is shorter.

The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:

Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300 per year): 9 years
Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300 per year): 5 years, 1 month
Graduate Trainee: 12 months
Short-term Staff: 12 months
Skills Transfer: 6 months
Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK for the maximum time allowed for your visa type.
What you have quoted are the rules for somebody applying for a fresh visa(Entry Clearance) through Tier 2 ICT
You are extending your visa initially granted prior to April 2011 and these new rules do not apply
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.