ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Passport Requirements Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wherbst
Newly Registered

Foreign Passport Requirements Child

Post by wherbst » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 am

Hi

We would like to apply for British citizenship and my daughter have ILR, but her current South African passport has expired.

Can I go ahead with the process of applying for British citizenship as the new South African passport will take a few months to come through.

Thanks.

MwanaKay

Re: Foreign Passport Requirements Child

Post by MwanaKay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

wherbst wrote:Hi

We would like to apply for British citizenship and my daughter have ILR, but her current South African passport has expired.

Can I go ahead with the process of applying for British citizenship as the new South African passport will take a few months to come through.

Thanks.

You can for yourself, but your daughter needs a current unexpired passport
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

How long ago did the passport expire? If very recent expiry, then you should be fine to use it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wherbst
Newly Registered

Post by wherbst » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi

It expired earlier this month.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:08 pm

When are you planning to submit the application? If it is in the very near future, you will be fine using her passport and can explain in the 'additional information' section about the passport.

You might do well to apply for the passport renewal (which takes a couple of months, well my daughters did) and submit the receipt as proof that a new passport has been applied for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.