ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 - PLEASE EMERGENCY SITUATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dani21
Newly Registered

EEA3 - PLEASE EMERGENCY SITUATION

Post by dani21 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 pm

I am a European citizen and I applied on the 5th of Jan for EEA3 and I sent my passport with it.
However, right now I received a call from my family, my father has got a heart attack and he is now in the hospital in a serious situation. I am very afraid.
Please, Please, and Please, can anyone give me the correct number of the home office so I can call them and take my passport back as soon as possible.
Whether it's at post or me going to them to collect it because I need to go to my father.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA3 - PLEASE EMERGENCY SITUATION

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Can't you travel with your National ID ( if you have one ) ?

May be ask your country embassy issue you temporary passport ?

check this one out...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 00303.html
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

dani21
Newly Registered

Post by dani21 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to call them today at this number: 08450105200
I explained the whole situation but he told me that I can request the return of my passport by completing a Home Office Online Return of Documents Form and also, a friend told me that I should sent a email to: LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and I emailed them.

If anyone has gone through this, how long would it take for my passport to return?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:06 pm

You could call your embassy and ask for an emergency replacement passport (or country ID, if you travel within EU), or some other emergency travel document. Many countries would issue you something valid fro travel in a matter of a day.
The drawback is that most probable it will invalidate your passport which is currently with UKBA (you probably will have to declare it lost). So you will need to either withdraw your EEA3 application and re-apply later, or to send them your new passport once you return.
I applied for passports' return last July, and it took about a week to get them (I had a self-addressed per-paid certified envelope on file, and they used it). But people's experience varies..