ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tatenda
Newly Registered

Post by tatenda » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:14 pm

SK1 wrote:
tatenda wrote: I was rather shocked with the turnover time for the passport. My young sister applied two days after me, and her passport has just arrived today. Glad didnot have to attend a interview.

For those who are waiting, be patient and best of luck.
Congrats and thanks for the wishes.

It's almost been a week since I applied for my passport. Nothing yet. I just hope I don't get called for an interview either. That'll just push things out further.

How do they send back the passports and stuff. Normal mail or Recorded Mail?

Cheers

SK1

Thanks SK!

I would expect to get your passport soon, end of this week or early next . For I know four otherswhohave applied and the turnarond time seems to be really quick. i really doubt you will go for interview nor wait ny longer.

I got my documents sent via the standard secure service with a note saying the new passport would follow. That came two days later via the same service.It needs to be signed for, however saying that my sisters stuff was all put through the letter box for no one was in on both occasions.

Its been a long road, but the good thing is that its coming to an end soon. Thanks for your contributions, for they helped me alot.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:22 pm

An update
maveli62 wrote:Application submitted through : POST
Date of submission or posting : 13 Mar 2007
Criteria : Indian, 4 years residence + ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16 March
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21 March
Asked to re-date, re-sign and extra £399 since I was absent from UK exactly 5 yrs before : 17-May-2007
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 28 May

Date of receipt of approval : dated 25-June-07 received on 02-Jul
Ceremony innvitation letter: ---

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:12 pm

maveli62 wrote:An update
maveli62 wrote:Application submitted through : POST
Asked to re-date, re-sign and extra £399 since I was absent from UK exactly 5 yrs before : 17-May-2007

Ceremony innvitation letter: ---
Congrats, Maveli62!!!

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:13 pm

tatenda wrote:
SK1 wrote:
tatenda wrote: I was rather shocked with the turnover time for the passport. My young sister applied two days after me, and her passport has just arrived today. Glad didnot have to attend a interview.

For those who are waiting, be patient and best of luck.
Congrats and thanks for the wishes.

It's almost been a week since I applied for my passport. Nothing yet. I just hope I don't get called for an interview either. That'll just push things out further.

How do they send back the passports and stuff. Normal mail or Recorded Mail?

Cheers

SK1

Thanks SK!

I would expect to get your passport soon, end of this week or early next . For I know four otherswhohave applied and the turnarond time seems to be really quick. i really doubt you will go for interview nor wait ny longer.

I got my documents sent via the standard secure service with a note saying the new passport would follow. That came two days later via the same service.It needs to be signed for, however saying that my sisters stuff was all put through the letter box for no one was in on both occasions.

Its been a long road, but the good thing is that its coming to an end soon. Thanks for your contributions, for they helped me alot.
Thanks for the info. I'll be eagerly waiting...

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:15 pm

SK1 wrote: It'll be three soon. Which EU one would you end up using most frequently for travelling?

I'll have to use my South African passport to enter and leave South Africa every time I travel there. As a dual citizen, I cannot enter SA with a foreign passport. It's a long story (SA Government Ruling). I'll use my British passport for travel everywhere else.

SK1
For travelling mainly the UK one, especially if going to Germany and Argentina wearing a T-shirt with 'Keep the the Falklands British'! lol

The rule with Argentina is: I can enter and leave on my italian passpoert as long as I don't stay more than 6 months, and enter and leave on the UK passport if I don't stay longer as 90 days. :wink:

For the US probably I use the Italian as I had been in the US several times since 2000 and they have me probably registere4d by now as an Italian and if I now enter as a Brit I might get inot trouble, you know how silly thye yanks are :roll:

Shopping in Germany was a nightmare but I got some nice stuff for my Mazda MX-5 from Chromdesing and IL Motorsports outside Cologne :lol: :D

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:17 pm

SK1,
Thanks.. It was a long wait and a month's salary.. But happy that I don't need to deal with Home office anymore.

maveli62

champion

Post by champion » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:31 pm

talktome wrote:Hi jazbaati99,
In the last 5 years I have been absent for about 460 days , am exceeding the limit by 10 days. Half of the absences have been due to work and I could get co letters to mention that.
I did notice that HO disregard absences of upto 480 days but not sure how this works

Thanks
10 days is not an issue
as far as u r in the country for 90 days in last year.
even if 90 days + should not be much of an issue

champion

Post by champion » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:34 pm

maveli62 wrote:SK1,
Thanks.. It was a long wait and a month's salary.. But happy that I don't need to deal with Home office anymore.

maveli62
Congrates buddy
Glad you made it.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:38 pm

UKArgie wrote:
SK1 wrote: It'll be three soon. Which EU one would you end up using most frequently for travelling?

I'll have to use my South African passport to enter and leave South Africa every time I travel there. As a dual citizen, I cannot enter SA with a foreign passport. It's a long story (SA Government Ruling). I'll use my British passport for travel everywhere else.

SK1
For travelling mainly the UK one, especially if going to Germany and Argentina wearing a T-shirt with 'Keep the the Falklands British'! lol

The rule with Argentina is: I can enter and leave on my italian passpoert as long as I don't stay more than 6 months, and enter and leave on the UK passport if I don't stay longer as 90 days. :wink:

For the US probably I use the Italian as I had been in the US several times since 2000 and they have me probably registere4d by now as an Italian and if I now enter as a Brit I might get inot trouble, you know how silly thye yanks are :roll:
At least you got choices dude, I know lots of people who would give anything to have the options and choices you have mate.
UKArgie wrote: Shopping in Germany was a nightmare but I got some nice stuff for my Mazda MX-5 from Chromdesing and IL Motorsports outside Cologne :lol: :D
So it wasn't all a loss going to Germany then :wink:

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:55 am

SK1 wrote:At least you got choices dude, I know lots of people who would give anything to have the options and choices you have mate.
UKArgie wrote: Shopping in Germany was a nightmare but I got some nice stuff for my Mazda MX-5 from Chromdesing and IL Motorsports outside Cologne :lol: :D
So it wasn't all a loss going to Germany then :wink:
I know I am quite blessed.... swell I spent 300 Euros on stuff for my car, oh dear! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks Champion and hope you will get it soon

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Application Update:

Postal or NCS: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting : 20 Feb 07 (received by HO on 21/02/07)
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (spouse of BC)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 February 2007
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26 February 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 09 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 05 May 2007 (HO letter dated 03/05/07)
Date of Ceremony: 20 June 2007 (originally booked for 06 June 2007)
Date of appln. for passport ? 25 June 2007 (posted); 26 June 2007 (received)
Method used ? 3 Week Service (no rush)
Date of Receipt? 04 July 2007 (UK Passport)

:D :D :D :D

Not a bad turnaround for a 3 week service. I received my UK passport today, but still haven't received my Certificate or SA passport. I'm sure it's on it's way.

Thanks all for sharing this journey with me and thanks for all the support and advice.

Good luck to those still waiting...a special shout to Champion. I hope you hear back soon, mate.

Cheers

SK1

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Got the Ceremony date as 18-Jul

Application submitted through : POST

Ceremony innvitation letter: --- 18-Jul-07

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:12 pm

duplicate post

tatenda
Newly Registered

Post by tatenda » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Congrats SK1 :lol:

tatenda
Newly Registered

Post by tatenda » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:51 pm

SK1 wrote:Application Update:

Postal or NCS: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting : 20 Feb 07 (received by HO on 21/02/07)
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (spouse of BC)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 February 2007
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26 February 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 09 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 05 May 2007 (HO letter dated 03/05/07)
Date of Ceremony: 20 June 2007 (originally booked for 06 June 2007)
Date of appln. for passport ? 25 June 2007 (posted); 26 June 2007 (received)
Method used ? 3 Week Service (no rush)
Date of Receipt? 04 July 2007 (UK Passport)

:D :D :D :D

Not a bad turnaround for a 3 week service. I received my UK passport today, but still haven't received my Certificate or SA passport. I'm sure it's on it's way.

Thanks all for sharing this journey with me and thanks for all the support and advice.

Good luck to those still waiting...a special shout to Champion. I hope you hear back soon, mate.

Cheers

SK1

Congrats SK1

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for naturlisation on the 31st of March
sometime in May, we received a letter from the home office stating that the fee had not been paid.

We sent the fee in May and it has been deducted from my account, but we have not heard anything from the home office since then.

Should we contact the home office or the local council?

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:25 pm

rogerroger wrote:Hi,

sometime in May, we received a letter from the home office stating that the fee had not been paid.

We sent the fee in May and it has been deducted from my account, but we have not heard anything from the home office since then.

That's not good. When the BIA contacted you, was it by letter? If so, was there a HO Ref. no. quoted? I would ring them up (and quote the Ref.no.) and ask them what is happening with the application?

It may be that since they got payment, they put the application in for processing, but maybe there's a lot of appl. they working through. They should be able to tell you if it has already been allocated to a case worker.

Did you end up paying the "old" fee or the new fee?

I wonder why they didn't take payment? What was the problem? Wrong details?

Hope that helps.

SK1

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:27 pm

SK1 wrote:
rogerroger wrote:Hi,

That's not good. When the BIA contacted you, was it by letter? If so, was there a HO Ref. no. quoted? I would ring them up (and quote the Ref.no.) and ask them what is happening with the application?

It may be that since they got payment, they put the application in for processing, but maybe there's a lot of appl. they working through. They should be able to tell you if it has already been allocated to a case worker.

Did you end up paying the "old" fee or the new fee?

I wonder why they didn't take payment the first time around? What was the problem? Wrong details?

Hope that helps.

SK1

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 pm

tatenda wrote:Congrats SK1 :lol:
Thank you very much.

I am a bit worried that I haven't received my South African passport and Naturalisation Certificate back yet. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'll give them a call to query.

:wink:

champion

Post by champion » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:25 pm

SK1 wrote:
Thank you very much.

I am a bit worried that I haven't received my South African passport and Naturalisation Certificate back yet. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'll give them a call to query.

Arent their policy state that any app missing valid fee will be rejected straightway. I am trying to understad the point here did u missed the payment or ur details were wrong (or ur cheque has expired by then)

I afraid they haven't started processing your application unless they recieved money from you.
Even if you call you may not get any helpful answer.
However there is no harm in trying this.
I applied in March 28th by post. Got ack on 11th May (dated 4th) and I am still waiting for the decision.
It all depends on who is a case worker and workload on him/her.
Good luck and keep us posted

champion

Post by champion » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:27 pm

SK1 wrote:
Thank you very much.

You wont get Naturalisation cert back However Passport you will get once they have verified and perhaps copied which could take some time

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:45 pm

champion wrote:
SK1 wrote:I am a bit worried that I haven't received my South African passport and Naturalisation Certificate back yet. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'll give them a call to query.
You wont get Naturalisation cert back However Passport you will get once they have verified and perhaps copied which could take some time
Actually you are supposed to get your naturalisation certificate back when applying for a UK passport. I got mine back a few days before I received my passport.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:23 pm

thanks for the response SK1

The BIA contacted me telephonically and followed that up by sending a letter. they first told my wife that she had not paid the fees and she had to pay 580 and there was a letter in the post, my wife said that she had submitted the documents before the 1st of april, and they said that she should ignore the first letter (asking for 580) and they would send a second letter asking for 268, we filled in our payment details and sent it off. this was sometime in the end of may, but we have not heard from them since then.

now we are are about to move houses also.

should i/my wife call the home office or the local council?

if iti s the home office, can the home office/ be contacted using email?

seancody
Newly Registered

Post by seancody » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:19 pm

SK1 wrote:
Thank you very much.

From what I gather from your posts, it doesn't appear that you used the secure delivery service for your supporting documents i.e. your SA passport and Naturalisation certificate. In which case, they have been sent by standard second class post. The Passport Office recommend when you apply that you pay the extra £3 for supporting documents to be sent by secure delivery, like your UK passport was. Obviously its too late now, but fingers crossed they haven't been lost or stolen.