ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - 29 Jan 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

ILR Success - 29 Jan 2014

Post by vanillaskies » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks to this really helpful forum, you guys answered plenty of my questions. I am so glad I didn't have to use an immigration lawyer and saved a lot of money!

I was on a work permit then Tier 2 ICT. My ILR was granted today without any issues. It took me about 2 hours in total including the biometrics and case registration.

Just the normal supporting docs, I think the Tier 2 application is luckily more straight forward than the rest.

Just one thing to watch out. I was given back the police registration form and when I asked if I will still need to register with the police they said no, it should be stamped now not to be used again. I checked it and it was not stamped. I went back to the case worker who took the certificate inside, stamped and brought it back to me so make sure to check all your docs before you leave and don't let the joy of the approval takes over just yet!

Best of luck everyone!

chiru09
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - 29 Jan 2014

Post by chiru09 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi ,

congratulations !!

Please could you explain why we need police registration certificate to submit for ILR ? Any specific clause for which we need to submit. Please could you elaborate where this is applicable ??

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks!

Yes, some nationalities, including mine require to register with the police as soon as they enter the country on their work visa, and should register their address with the police any time they move. It was required to submit this certificate with your ILR application (IF) you were issued one in the first place. Getting the ILR makes the certificate no longer needed.

I hope that answered your question.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Congrats!
Did you submit any letter for absences? Or did you had any absences while you were unemployed?

Further did you provide any P60s?

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:31 pm

I provided all my PS60 but not sure it was 'required', I put them as a support.
I provided all my absences and you can't be unemployed if you're under Tier 2 so luckily I had a job since I came to the UK!

Good luck :)

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:39 pm

HI,

Please could you mention whether you provided photocopies of all the supporting documents as well ??

Did case worker requested you for photocopies ??

Please respond ASAP .

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 am

Yes I photocopied everything. I think you should do the same.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello VanillaSky,

Can you share the content of your employers letter please?
My work contracts coming to an end in may and I already qualify to apply ILR. Just worried as I have 3 months left of my contract
Thanks
vanillaskies wrote:Thanks to this really helpful forum, you guys answered plenty of my questions. I am so glad I didn't have to use an immigration lawyer and saved a lot of money!

I was on a work permit then Tier 2 ICT. My ILR was granted today without any issues. It took me about 2 hours in total including the biometrics and case registration.

Just the normal supporting docs, I think the Tier 2 application is luckily more straight forward than the rest.

Just one thing to watch out. I was given back the police registration form and when I asked if I will still need to register with the police they said no, it should be stamped now not to be used again. I checked it and it was not stamped. I went back to the case worker who took the certificate inside, stamped and brought it back to me so make sure to check all your docs before you leave and don't let the joy of the approval takes over just yet!

Best of luck everyone!

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Police Certificate? Which country nationals needs to get this Certificate?

What if this is not obtained when we entered first in this country?

Please clarify ASAP. Thanks

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

my question is

all other members & VanillaSky,

Can you share the content of your employers letter please?
My work contracts coming to an end in may and I already qualify to apply ILR. Just worried as I have 3 months left of my contract
Thanks

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm

If you didn't have a police certificate already don't worry about it, you are not required to have one then.

I will post the employer letter template I used tomorrow.

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi All,

As promised, here is the employer letter I used to get my ILR. I tried to upload it as an attachment but it wouldn't allow me...

Hope it help :)

Home Office UK Visa & Immigration
Public Enquiry Office
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

27 January 2014

Dear Sir or Madam:

RE – John Smith; DOB: 02.05.1983 Nationality: Country

I confirm that Mr. Smith has been employed within our UK offices since 6th February 2009. He currently holds the position of Job Title and there is a continuing need for Mr. Smith to remain in permanent employment with Company Name – registered in the UK No. XXXXXX, VAT Registration No. XXXXXX – in the UK at the present time.

Mr. Smith is currently sponsored under Standard Occupational Code (SOC) 2132 in the 2000 SOC list and that this equates to 2135 in the 2010 SOC list introduced in April 2013 as the most appropriate Code of Practice and the appropriate rate for his job as stated in the codes of practice is £30,600 on a standard working week of 37.5 hours. As Mr Smith’s salary is currently £XXXXXX per annum, it exceeds the minimum salary requirements as per the current Code of Practice.

Please also note that Mr. Smith is entitled to annual leave of XX days per annum. Mr. Smith has been required to travel outside the UK as part of the duties of his employment over the past five years (as stated below). While abroad he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account. He hasn’t taken any unpaid leave from work or exceeded his XX days per annum annual leave during his employment in the UK.

Year 4 05-Feb-11 06-Feb-10
End Date Start Date Country Purpose
02-Aug 23-Jul USA Work

We should be grateful if you now grant Mr. Smith Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or require further information.

Yours faithfully,

Manager Name
Manager Title
Company Name

vvssaikrishna
Newly Registered

Post by vvssaikrishna » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi

Congratulations!!!

Could you please help me.

Which documents you submitted for english language ability. I mean have you submitted NARIC certificate or PBS printout?

Please let me know ASAP

Mostly appreciated your help.

Many thanks
Sai krishna

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Post by vanillaskies » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi There,

It was easier and cheaper for me to go to Trinity College and get the required English level exam rather than prove that my degree was taught in English, just check their website or give them a call.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!