ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - English Lang NARIC query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icon3001

Naturalisation - English Lang NARIC query

Post by icon3001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Experts
My wife is planning to apply for Naturalisation based on 3.5 years residence (husband still waiting for Naturalisation approval).
She studied Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com degree - English Medium) from Osmania University, India and then studied MSc. Finance Degree - English Medium.
She is on ILR and have already passed LIUK test while applying for ILR a year ago.
She want to get NARIC certificate for English Language Requirement now and needs help.

Is it here she needs to apply for it: http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/C ... sment.aspx
Cost is £55.20
But that is CEFR level C1. Home office requires CEFR B1 or higher.
Just to know C1 is higher than B1 in this case?
Can she go for CEFR C1 English Language Assessment now?

Used Tier 1 Points calculator to test :
Result: see attached.
Attachments
EnglishLanguagePoints.jpg
Points based calculator results
EnglishLanguagePoints.jpg (212.53 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

icon3001

Re: Naturalisation - English Lang NARIC query

Post by icon3001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi
Anyone please.

ideanokia6500

Re: Naturalisation - English Lang NARIC query

Post by ideanokia6500 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:51 pm

icon3001 wrote:Hi Experts
My wife is planning to apply for Naturalisation based on 3.5 years residence (husband still waiting for Naturalisation approval).
She studied Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com degree - English Medium) from Osmania University, India and then studied MSc. Finance Degree - English Medium.
She is on ILR and have already passed LIUK test while applying for ILR a year ago.
She want to get NARIC certificate for English Language Requirement now and needs help.

Is it here she needs to apply for it: http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/C ... sment.aspx
Cost is £55.20
But that is CEFR level C1. Home office requires CEFR B1 or higher.
Just to know C1 is higher than B1 in this case?
Can she go for CEFR C1 English Language Assessment now?

Used Tier 1 Points calculator to test :
Result: see attached.
Sorry for silly inquiry
I am in the same boat ,I am having Kurukshetra (India)university degree in arts under stream 10+2+3 completed in 1990,I got my tier 1 points on the same degree so I think the same degree will be ok to satisfy English REQUIREMENT at the time of naturalization please senior advice.
thanks in advance
HI