ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dr MS

ILR Tier 1 (General)

Post by Dr MS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am

Dear all,

I need your kind help regarding applying for ILR (my appointment will be next month), and neutralisation.

I am currently on a Tier 1 general visa, also my wife is a British citizen (got married last year).

1- do I need to take any evidence for this marriage with me to the appointment, I did not inform them when I got married last year but I will definitely tell them in my application.

2- regarding the evidence for the absence outside the UK, I am not sure if I will be able to provide evidence for every single absence, as I am a doctor worked for different hospitals some hospitals provided me with a letter, only one department in a hospital did not as they said they don't keep records for annual leave
The total absence I had since I first came to Britain was 4 days in the 3rd year ( which I can't provide any evidence for it ), about 50 days in the 4th year and about 30 days this year.
Is there any alternative evidence?
Will it a problem if I don't bring any evidence?

3- finally with regard to the neutralisation, am I eligible to apply immediately for it once I get the ILR as my wife is a British national? Or do I need to wait for 12 months before applying?

Your help will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mohamed

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Tier 1 (General)

Post by ScopeD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Dr MS wrote:1- do I need to take any evidence for this marriage with me to the appointment, I did not inform them when I got married last year but I will definitely tell them in my application.
Are you applying on the basis that you have completed five years of continuous stay in a Tier 1 category and you meet all the other criteria? If so, the certificate may not be crucial. However, it would be good practice to include it with the application.
Dr MS wrote:2- regarding the evidence for the absence outside the UK, I am not sure if I will be able to provide evidence for every single absence, as I am a doctor worked for different hospitals some hospitals provided me with a letter, only one department in a hospital did not as they said they don't keep records for annual leave
The total absence I had since I first came to Britain was 4 days in the 3rd year ( which I can't provide any evidence for it ), about 50 days in the 4th year and about 30 days this year.
Is there any alternative evidence? Will it a problem if I don't bring any evidence?

You should be ok as the four days in question are way below the 180 threshold.
Dr MS wrote:3- finally with regard to the neutralisation, am I eligible to apply immediately for it once I get the ILR as my wife is a British national? Or do I need to wait for 12 months before applying?
12 months

Dr MS

Post by Dr MS » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi ScopeD,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I am applying based on completed five years of continuous stay as Tier 1 General migrant, and I meet all the other criteria.

Regarding the '12 months', I had at look on the UKBA website for the requirements for neutralisation, and it is stated that:
'Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period.'
They did not specify that unless you are on spouse visa, so what do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you or any other helpful member.

Many thanks,
Mohamed

Dr MS

Post by Dr MS » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:24 am

Hi all,

I hope you all having a lovely weekend.

Could any of you help me please with the above queries.

Many thanks,
Mohamed

Dr MS

Post by Dr MS » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 am

Hey,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am currently applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. One of the requirements is that I need to provide dates of any periods of travel outside of the UK. I have visited Egypt several times and had a query regarding the dates stamped in my passport as these are in Arabic. Would I need to get an official translation of these stamped dates?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Many thanks,

Mohamed