ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa mother and half brother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

calbumus
Newly Registered

Family visit visa mother and half brother

Post by calbumus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi,

I’d like to inquire about Family Visit Visa for my mother and half-brother.

My mother is 68 years old and my half-brother is 21 yrs old. Both have no property back home and doesn’t have a big savings in the bank.

My mother once applied for a visa back in 2009 but got rejected due to lack of ties. I forgot to mention in her previous application that she looks after my 8-year old niece because my sister is working abroad. This time, I will make sure that I’ll get a letter from my sister confirming that our mother is acting as a guardian for her daughter in the Philippines. Will this make a difference in the application?

My half brother’s tie would be his new job that he will start in August (as he’s just finishing college this March).

What are my chances of getting them a visa to visit me here for 3 weeks? I have an ILR and I will cover all the expenses of their trip. What other suggestion do you have so I can make a strong application.

Thank you in advance

batleykhan

Re: Family visit visa mother and half brother

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:54 pm

You are going to face the same problem like you did the first time around.

Unless you can show very good ties and reasons for them to go back, I am afraid the outcome may be the same as before.Its hard I know , but this is usually the most common reason for refusal for such visits.