ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Family Visitor While BC under Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varre_v

Sponsoring Family Visitor While BC under Process

Post by varre_v » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Hello Gurus,

I need some clarification on my situation. I am currently on ILR and have recently applied for British Citizenship 2 weeks ago. Now, I would like to invite my father-in-law and mother-in-law on a family visitor visa. I would like to know if it is fine to sponsor them for a family visit while my application is under processing? Is there any risk and any watch outs that I should be aware of. Request your expert opinion on my situation.

Thanks in advance

TTOE

Re: Sponsoring Family Visitor While BC under Process

Post by TTOE » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 am

varre_v wrote:Hello Gurus,

I need some clarification on my situation. I am currently on ILR and have recently applied for British Citizenship 2 weeks ago. Now, I would like to invite my father-in-law and mother-in-law on a family visitor visa. I would like to know if it is fine to sponsor them for a family visit while my application is under processing? Is there any risk and any watch outs that I should be aware of. Request your expert opinion on my situation.

Thanks in advance
Inviting family members to visit you should not have any impact on your application, I did the same, I'm expecting my bro and sis-in-law too, of course we had to send them invitation letter and my application is with the HO. Absolutely no correlation between the two. just hope they arrive in time to attend your BC ceremony :D