ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation questions -44 views no replies :-(

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry7476

Naturalisation questions -44 views no replies :-(

Post by harry7476 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi All,

Can someone help please.

I have tried to find answers in the faqs and other posts but it would be worthwhile if someone can help with below:

1. Really short of money right now so wanted to ask is it possible for wife having and ILR to apply as spouse when I am applying for British citizenship? Will they automatically process her application after granting me citizenship or will they reject her application as I am currently on ILR. Just trying to save money by making it a joint application and hence the question.

2. I read that they take 2-4 weeks to acknowledge and give 3 weeks for me to reply in case they have questions. After application I plan to be away for 3-4 weeks. Do you think this is risky or do you think that they will take so long to start the basic process that I might as well be away in India for that period? Basically I am trying to plan my trip during the time that they take to acknowledge and start processing application. I am planning trip due to some family issues and i also don't want to delay application.

3. As Director of a company do I have to submit the tax office details

4. As Director of a company do I have to give any HMRC returns

5. Do you think nationality checking service from councils is better than post office service? Recently I applied for my sons passport via post office and they didn't do all the checks and i had to provide a different counter signatory

Thanks a lot