ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which KOL test is Easy, straight forward to fulfill Level B1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachin01663

Which KOL test is Easy, straight forward to fulfill Level B1

Post by sachin01663 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:32 pm

After reading lot of posts on KOL and English Requirements I came to this conclusion that my wife (dependent) needs to take the KOL test beacuse her degrees do not give her 10 points in PBS calculator. My questions is for

I know there is whole list of tests that home office recognizes but which test do you think is easy/straight forward and not very hectic to demostrate level b skills. Test like IELTS take your whole day and I am not really in favor of such tests beaucse all we need is level b.

Please share your exp.

Sachin

pinkpop

Re: Which KOL test is Easy, straight forward to fulfill Leve

Post by pinkpop » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 pm

I have done trinity college esol b1 test and found it very easy. The fee £125 the certificate come within two weeks but mine is much quick only 10 days.

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi sachin01663,

Just to conform we need this KOL test only for ILR applications not for general tier 1 extension? Do you think my understanding is correct

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Thank you. Has anyone else taken English test?

Are there any alternatives to English test Like NARIC testing your degrees...any other istiute who certify your degrees?

NARIC tests your degrees only against C1 Level. If your degrees do not meet c1 level english, NARIC does not certify you. For ILR English requirements one only need lebel b1 of English.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:50 pm

ashafqat wrote:Hi sachin01663,

Just to conform we need this KOL test only for ILR applications not for general tier 1 extension? Do you think my understanding is correct

Yes. This requirement is for ILR

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:57 pm

The Trinity College London GESE grade 5 is a speaking & listening exam at B1 level on the CEFR* / ESOL Entry level 3 on NQF* (Speaking & Listening)
The GESE grade 5 is on the Home Office's list of approved English tests (see last entry on page 35):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Those who are searching what test to take...I have filled this exam for ILR - Dependent. Hope this is right. Good things about this exam are - Immediate Dates available, 10 mins interview 1-2-1. same day result, certificate will be received in 2 weeks.
I have pasted something from website which should be helpful.

It is also regulated by OFQUAL - Qualification number 500/1934/X
Exam dates 5 days a week, across 11 UK cities

10-minute, 1-2-1 interview with a Trinity Examiner

Easy to Register - follow steps 1, 2 & 3 for Trinity

Results on the Day - Certificates normally received within 14 days

Preparation book available to buy from our Shop page

Exam fee is £125 (valid until 31/08/14) which includes:
- Registration
- The exam
- Certificate collected or sent by 1st class post

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,

You need to get "Statement of Comparability" from NARIC. The link is:

http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... ility.aspx

Other than this statement you also need a letter of medium of instruction from your university/college. That letter should clearly states that your degree/courses was/were taught in English. These two documents will suffice the requirement.

Do not send your degree to NARIC for English Language Assessment if it was taught in any non-English speaking country e.g India, Pakistan, Bangla Desh or Sri Lanka. Because they'll simply refuse to give you C1 level comparison certificate. This happened to one of my friends.

But remember statement of comparability should clearly states that your degree is equivalent to British (Ordinary/Honors) Bachelors.

At the end my friend confirmed from Home Office and went with statement of comparability and medium of instruction letter from university and got his ILR couple of weeks back.

Good Luck.