ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my dependent (Husband)-help plz

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

ILR for my dependent (Husband)-help plz

Post by Saman.NJ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I came to UK on student visa on Nov 2004. My husband joined me as my dependent on Oct 2006 and was as dependent for 2 months. He then applied for his student visa and I became and remained her dependent until he finished his studies, his 1 year Tier 2, 2year PSW. I applied for Tier 4 in Sep 2013 where I switched to student visa (valid until July 2015) and he's again my dependent since.

I'll be eligible for ILR this October, but not sure about his case. We've been together in the UK for the last 7.5 years.
1) Can he apply for FLR(M) at the same time as my ILR application, and then switch to ILR immediately as he's been with me for that long time?
2) he can use his 10 years long residency(as he's been here since 2006) but any chance he can get ILR earlier through me?
3) my girl was born in the UK last month, will she get citizenship as soon as I got settlement?

Many many thanks for all your help
Sam

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for my dependent (Husband)-help plz

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:57 pm

He can apply for FLR(M) at the same time but will need to meet the Englishand Financial Requirement as he became a PBS dep after July 2012, most recently. He will likely be eligible for SET(LR) before SET(M). Your child will be entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA as soon as you are granted ILR as she was born in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for my dependent (Husband)-help plz

Post by Saman.NJ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Amber_ wrote:He can apply for FLR(M) at the same time but will need to meet the Englishand Financial Requirement as he became a PBS dep after July 2012, most recently. He will likely be eligible for SET(LR) before SET(M). Your child will be entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA as soon as you are granted ILR as she was born in the UK.
Thanks Amber for your reply.
Does that mean he needs to wait for another 2 years?
I'm sure he'll have no problem whatsoever for English, financial aspects. Will he be able to apply for SET(ILR) as soon as I got mine though? Can you refer me to the right ukba paragraph?

Very much appreciated