ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application with ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nkm3
Newly Registered

MN1 application with ILR

Post by nkm3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi,

I am eligible for ILR in March 2014 from a Tier 1 visa (General).
I want to apply for Dependent visa for my wife, since there has been a change in the rules and she will be only eligible for ILR once she has been on my dependent visa for 5 years. At the moment she has her own Tier1.
My son was born in the UK so I wanted to get his MN1 (citizenship) (since he will have a parent (me) who will be settled).

Can I make these 3 applications at the same time ? Or do I need to wait for my ILR to come through before I can apply for MN1.
I plan to take an appointment to do this rather than apply through post.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 application with ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:53 pm

You can only apply to Register or Naturalise as British by post. There is no service for an in person appointment. You will have to wait till you have received your ILR and then apply for MN1. You can use NCS, for a small fee, to apply MN1 and they will make copies of your documents and you will get the originals back.

How long has your wife been on her Tier 1? She will get ILR quicker if she remains on her current visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nkm3
Newly Registered

Post by nkm3 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
At the moment my son is my dependent(valid till May end) , I am not sure what happens to his status if I don't extend his visa to be my ILR dependent when I apply for my ILR ? After my ILR I will apply for his MN1. Do both parents need to have ILR for the child to get the MN1 status or one parent is sufficient ?

My wife has stopped working since our kid so she will not be able to extend her Tier1 so I am planning on changing her status to be my dependent, although it does increase the time before which she will become eligible for ILR. I guess we cannot do much about that.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:15 pm

nkm3 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
At the moment my son is my dependent(valid till May end) , I am not sure what happens to his status if I don't extend his visa to be my ILR dependent when I apply for my ILR ? After my ILR I will apply for his MN1. Do both parents need to have ILR for the child to get the MN1 status or one parent is sufficient ? One parent needs to have ILR. You don't need to apply for ILR for a UK born child and his status will not be considered illegal or an overstayer as he is entitled to register under section 1(3) on MN1. Unless you have urgent travel plans, exclude him from ILR.

My wife has stopped working since our kid so she will not be able to extend her Tier1 so I am planning on changing her status to be my dependent, although it does increase the time before which she will become eligible for ILR. I guess we cannot do much about that. FLR(M) and meeting the standard requirements then to switch. Unless a moderator can advise if she can extend her Tier 1 etc.

thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nkm3
Newly Registered

Post by nkm3 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Dear CR001,
I have been going thought the applications for PBS dependent and FLR(M).

I have a few questions on the application fees for PBS Dependent.
1) If my ILR and my partner's PBS dependent application are made at the same time would it be considered as
Dependents applying at the same time
and do I need to select that option for the fees. Or will be considered as
Dependents applying separately

2) There are also questions around
Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant. Since I am applying for ILR should I still check this
as Yes

3) While booking an appointment how many should I book
1 for the family
2 for myself and my wife separately (will the ILR and PBS dependent be considered as 2 different applications)

Am still not able to make up my mind about what route should I choose FLR or PBS dependent.
I the past I have got my fingers burnt by not choosing the correct visa category and just want to make sure they don't have hidden print and wont cause trouble in the future.

thanks