ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong date on AN form!!! What can I do?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leifang
Newly Registered

Wrong date on AN form!!! What can I do?

Post by leifang » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello,
My application form were sent in October (Form AN) to the Immigration office.
With the application form I sent a letter from my ex-employer with the dates when I started and finished to work there.
Unfortunately, they've made a mistake and put a wrong starting date on it. They put 17.October 2007, but I started to work there on 17th. September 2007. So, I put the wrong date on my application form as well. I trusted them so I just copied the starting date from their letter to my application form.
I realized that, when I received a letter from the Immigration office few weeks ago, and I was asked to send them the Work Registration Card, what is a proof I worked for that employer when I got the card. I checked a date on that, and the date was 17.Sep.2007.
After that, I asked my ex-employer to send a letter to the Immigration office (I gave them the address and my ref. number) and explain to them what happened, they made a mistake and put the wrong date on that letter.
Luckily, they were very helpful and sent a letter to the Immigration office on a same day.

My partner (we sent the app.form on a same day) also had to send his Work registration Card, and few days later he received his approval letter. My application form is quite similar to his, except the places where I worked. We went together and lived together everywhere, so these parts are the same.

I'm just hoping they are not going to refuse my application, because of that.
Can I do anything else? Or just wait...

Thank you for your help!

Just Wondering

Re: Wrong date on AN form!!! What can I do?

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Considering your employer has already issued a letter explaining the mistake, give them the information they're requesting, and wait.

leifang
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong date on AN form!!! What can I do?

Post by leifang » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you, I've done that. Just waiting patiently...